compensation: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
OEHME, VAN SWEDEN | OvS, an award-winning landscape architecture design firm, is in search of a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will be agile, tenacious, and a self-starter. We operate in a fast-paced, whip-smart environment and need a highly motivated, business-minded candidate who isn’t afraid to take initiative. Day-to-day life in our Capitol Hill studio involves the following:
Proposal and Qualification Packages
• Creates high-quality and compelling proposals and qualification packages;
• Researches, identifies, tracks, and evaluates project leads and opportunities;
• Self-starter who can meet all proposal deadlines with internal and external team members;
• Assists in preparing interview and collateral materials for partners and staff;
• Manages and updates resumes, project informational sheets, specialty sections, and et cetera.
• Formulates high-quality and compelling written and visual content for social media campaigns;
• Strengthens brand awareness by maintaining an online presence and engaging relevant influencers;
• Monitors the firm’s brand and responds to comments on each account;
• Develops and issues targeted eBlast periodicals and tracks user engagement.
• Develops online portfolio (project photo selection, description, and associated details) and featured projects on the home page;
• Develops and writes blog and news content;
• Updates miscellaneous content as necessary;
• Maintains photographic inventory files and electronic images.
• Researches potential award opportunities for landscape architecture, architecture, and design;
• Develops and coordinates award submissions that are comprehensive, responsive, grammatically correct, and aesthetically appealing;
• Oversees award files and tracks all submissions.
Collateral Marketing Materials
• Knowledge of methods, procedures, techniques, and media available for design production;
• Assists in generating ideas for major marketing campaigns, including direct mail, eNewsletters, invites, and et cetera;
• Provides input regarding layout and basic design;
• Coordinates and implements details associated with production.
• Forges productive relationships with design staff and communicates regularly;
• Enhances cross-training of job functions;
• Manages contacts and leads;
• Reads articles about the architecture/design industry, professional services marketing, DC real estate market, and et cetera, and shares pertinent information.
• Ensures the front of the office appears neat, organized, and welcoming;
• Greets clients and guests;
• Arranges travel for partners and staff;
• Manages office inventory;
• Prepares and receives all shipments, including UPS, USPS, and FedEx;
• Coordinates office equipment;
• Coordinates internal and external social events;
• Enrolls principals for events, maintains Outlook calendars, and sets reminders as necessary;
• Maintains the office library;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Three-plus years’ experience in professional services marketing or related field, marketing, graphic design, or affiliated bachelor’s degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, professional references, and a writing and graphic design sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers