Sew Creative Lounge Part-Time Seamstress Job Description
QR Code Link to This Post
Our business is looking to employ an experienced Seamstress to mend, alter, and construct garments to customers' needs. The Seamstress's responsibilities include replacing buttons, zippers, pockets, and linings, adding padding and shaping materials to garments, and tailoring garments to the correct fit, modifying garment styles based on customers’ specifications and construct custom garments.
The candidate should have sound knowledge of different fabrics and sewing techniques. They should also have a good eye for detail. An excellent Seamstress should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and complete all tasks in a timely manner.
• 20-30 hours per week (paid hourly)
• Measure customers accurately to ensure the best possible fit.
• Alter or repair customers' garments and other articles, which includes hemming, mending, lengthening, and adjusting seams.
• Create patterns and construct garments to customers’ preferences.
• Fit custom garments on customers to determine how the alterations should be done.
• Label customers' garments and articles and record the alterations required.
• Communicate with customers to determine their specifications, needs, and preferences.
• Use irons and pressing machines to erase the creases on garments and other articles.
• 4 years experience with industrial machine
• Proven sewing experience.
• The ability to work under time constraints.
• Effective communication skills.
• Customer service skills.