compensation: *$60-70K depending on experience *Paid vacation and Holidays * Health Benefits *401(k) Plan after 1 year of employment *Flexible, Family Friendly Environment employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
DC's #1 hyper-local, community news publisher located by Historic Eastern Market on Capitol Hill is seeking to hire a Graphic Designer/Web Specialist. Candidate must have at least five years of experience in a production environment for print and digital media; with specific knowledge in editorial layouts and ad design.
The graphic designer will be responsible for supporting the Art Director/Production Manager in producing three monthly print publications and one annual guide, as well as uploading the articles to the websites via WordPress. Will also work closely with Sales Representatives to design advertisements (both print and online) and produce in-house marketing materials. Will assist the Web Master by producing mock-ups, providing assets, and/or editing simple html codes.
We need a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with a sense of humor and a sharp mind who works well under pressure and can thrive in an atmosphere of fast, accurate, design and production.
• B.A. in Graphic Design or related field.
• Proficiency of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) Microsoft Office and WordPress. Web coding experience a plus.
• Must be able to design ads quickly and to bounce easily between advertising design and editorial layout.
• Good editorial/proof-reading ability.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline.
Please submit salary requirements with resume and work portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge of ad/editorial design. We are seeking to hire immediately.
Visit our daily local websites:
www.hillrag.com | www.eastoftheriverdcnews.com | www.midcitydcnews.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers