compensation: Weekly pay (hourly or salary) between $20-$30 per depanding on skill set employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION
We are looking for capable, positive, creative, and organized individual with excellent people skills to help our growing renovation/construction company that is located in DC (by the Navy Yard). Our company has been doing residential renovations, light commercial work, and residential development work since our inception in 2003.
Our office is adjacent to the Nationals Baseball stadium and has off-street parking and metro access.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills:
• Background in interior design or commensurate experience (3+ yrs) and/or education
• Knowledge or experience in how to layout out a kitchen and bathrooms
• A great sense design aesthetic for selecting materials and finishes for projects and clients
• Ability to curate design elements with value selections
• Competent in taking field measurements of a space to put on a plan
• Experience taking measurements and creating an electronic plan using a layout software system
• Interpersonal skills to work with clients and visits project sites and locations
• Some experience and skill to help further develop our printed materials for marketing (but, not required)
• Some experience in taking our various client, and development work to grow our social media presence (but, not required)
• Interest in using these skills to stage a house for sale (but, not required)
The Project Assistant work would entail the following:
• the same candidate above, would need to have a vehicle and be comfortable going to a project site to measure, or look at the site for painting colors, drop items off, and other project related tasks
• would work with our current interior designer and project management staff
• would perform client contact to ascertain client needs and expectations and to meet client on site to review project scope and site conditions, etc...
• would assist in ordering materials for the projects and track orders (if time allows)
• would assist in making calls and performing follow-up on construction project details, like for Pepco, WASA, or other project related details..
The ideal candidate will have the following essential qualities:
• High character individual qualities
• Excellent intra-personal communication
• Excellent writing skills
• Can create and use spreadsheets confidently and proficiently in Excel
• Proficient use of the internet to search and find information
• Competent in using digital plan software to create layouts and plan views, etc...
• Able to visit a client or job site
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers