compensation: Salary competitive/commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PURPOSE: We are a Defense, Aviation, Information Technology, and Biomedical Research company who is a global leader in the integration and application of information technology, engineering, and science. We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to support for several projects for a federal agency. The primary location is in Washington D.C. with possibilities of working remote.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated ability for analytical and critical thinking as well as proven ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision. Strong candidates will also have the ability to communicate and work well with their team to approach to problem solving.
Salary competitive/commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities will include:
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with design leads, product managers, and engineers
• Collaborate with design leads to translate user requirements into design solutions
• Develop and support UI guidelines
• Develop, refine, and adhere to design systems and style guides
• Apply knowledge of how to do common stylesheets, has worked on new applications, but has also reworked applications.
• Design graphic user interface elements including but not limited to menus, tabs and widgets, page navigation buttons, search fields, and content layouts
• Create original designs, e.g., images, sketches, diagrams, wireframes
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
• Work independently to apply design concepts and contribute ideas to internal team
• Collaborate with development team to validate technical feasibility of design, perform or direct QA on visual layout, browse and platform compatibility, as well as product performance
• Must be comfortable with Adobe XD for documenting designs
• Understanding of 508 compliance
• Web Application design for mobile and desktop applications
• Proficiency in Adobe products (or similar) for producing design artifacts
Qualifications and Education:
Qualified candidates will have an FDA badge.
Requires BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers