Position Overview: The primary role of the Maintenance Machinist – provide competent and effective mechanic maintenance support to Plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The Maintenance Machinist must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in mechanical systems that occur in production equipment. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical systems.
Function Specific Activities:
The Maintenance Machinist is recognized as skilled and knowledgeable in mechanical systems and is sought out to support troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and night production support.
• 5 yr. experience in an industrial maintenance position
• Background in maintenance and repair of production equipment.
• Experience with printing presses or printing operations helpful
• Ability to operate machine shop equipment such as lathes, mills, and drill presses.
• Ability to weld, solder, burn, is a plus.
• Working knowledge of basic hand tools and measuring tools.
• Ability to work safely around production machines including conveyors and packaging machines.
• Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
• Able to communicate across departments with other technicians and operators.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions during production with minimal downtime.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, shop drawings, and parts drawings in order to make repairs, replace defective parts, and otherwise maintain equipment in working condition.