A well-run rebuilding project requires a lot of planning and skill behind the scenes to ensure that clients, volunteers, and others come together to have an impactful, uplifting project day. The AmeriCorps Project Coordinator manages rebuilding projects from start to finish, beginning with the initial visit to assess the client’s home repair needs, through the completion of the workscope and final project evaluation. They’ll coordinate with clients, skilled volunteers, community partners, vendors, inspectors, and staff to develop and implement sustainable and effective project logistics practices. The AmeriCorps Project Coordinator will follow up with clients after each project to ensure that the health or safety concerns of the clients were addressed according to the workscope and complete punchlist items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate communication between clients, staff, House Captains, and contractors such that all parties are on the same page about work scope, timeline/timing of project elements, and expectations.
• Meet with clients to complete home assessments, develop a work scope and materials list, and collaborate with other team members to develop a project timeline (especially if coordination with volunteers or contractors is required).
• Arrange purchase and delivery of crucial project needs, including: tools and materials, personal protective equipment, dumpsters and other rented items, water and snacks. Maintain a system for warehouse inventory to allow bulk purchasing, the reuse or repurposing of tools/materials, and an efficient supply chain. Ensure routine maintenance of Rebuilding Together-owned tools between projects.
• Oversee general volunteers in completing direct hands-on repairs. Ensure that volunteers are trained in their task and have access to tools/materials, that proper safety procedures are being followed, that the work product is of good quality, and that volunteers enjoyed and feel appreciated for their service.
• Recruit House Captains to provide on-site leadership of volunteers completing direct hands-on repairs and other skilled-trades volunteers to complete skilled repairs and modifications. Possibly conduct trainings to bring volunteers in leadership/specialty roles up to speed on Rebuilding Together’s model of delivering services and completing projects.
• Obtain necessary permits, inspections, and other approvals to begin work.
• At the end of each rebuilding day, evaluate productivity against the workscope and ensure quality and completion of work. Upon completion of the project, and in coordination with the AmeriCorps Outreach Coordinator, survey clients to measure outputs, short- and long-term outcomes and overall client satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree or relevant life/work experience
• Experience with database, inventory, or willingness to learn
• Solid interpersonal skills and ability to make connections and build relationships with volunteers
• Ability to work with diverse clients, volunteers, and staff to create a friendly, helpful atmosphere
• Volunteer service experience; managing or coordinating other volunteers is a plus
• Comfort with speaking and presenting in front of large groups--experience training or teaching
adults/volunteers is a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and use of internet – experience with SalesForce a plus
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where each team member must
balance being organized and detail-orientated with being flexible and keeping up with changing
scopes of project work
• Ability to communicate in clear and encouraging language with a diverse community and staff—
in writing, in person, and over the phone
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers