Children’s Law Center fights so every child in DC can grow up with a loving family, good health and a quality education. Judges, pediatricians and families turn to us to advocate for children who are abused or neglected, who aren’t learning in school, or who have health problems that can’t be solved by medicine alone. With more than 100 staff and hundreds of pro bono lawyers, we reach 1 out of every 9 children in DC’s poorest neighborhoods – more than 5,000 children and families each year. And, we multiply this impact by advocating for city-wide solutions that benefit all children. Learn more at childrenslawcenter.org.
The development associate for operations coordinates our foundation grants and workplace giving. The development associate is also responsible for the donor database, all development analytics and financial reconciliation. The development associate supervises the development and executive assistant and reports to the chief development officer.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Prior experience working in a nonprofit setting preferred.
• Prior experience with database management.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent analytic capacity.
• Motivate others to manage through influence.
• Strong writing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidential information.
• Proficient at managing multiple assignments through clear and direct communication.
• Adept at working independently and as a team member.
• Ability to work efficiently and problem-solve.
• Strong capability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness and availability to work overtime, as necessary, for events and time-sensitive projects.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 or 2016, especially Word and Excel.
• College experience preferred.
Position is open until filled.
No telephone calls please. Send resume, cover letter, three references, and writing sample via mail, fax, or email to:
Development Associate for Operations Search Committee
Children’s Law Center
501 3rd Street, NW · 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20001
Children’s Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, medication, status as a veteran, tobacco use, or other classification protected by law.
Children’s Law Center has a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility. Our aim is to maintain an inclusive, respectful and equitable workplace and ensure all employees are culturally humble in order to most effectively achieve our mission and secure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers