Children’s Law Center fights so every child in DC can grow up with a loving family, good health and a quality education. Judges, pediatricians and families turn to us to advocate for children who are abused or neglected, who aren’t learning in school, or who have health problems that can’t be solved by medicine alone. With more than 100 staff and hundreds of pro bono lawyers, we reach 1 out of every 9 children in DC’s poorest neighborhoods – more than 5,000 children and families each year. And, we multiply this impact by advocating for city-wide solutions that benefit all children. Learn more at childrenslawcenter.org.
QR Code Link to This Post
The development associate leads our individual giving, managing our Kite Club (donors who give $1,500+) and our lower-dollar donors and developing a pipeline of future donors. The development associate reports to the director of corporate and individual philanthropy.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Prior experience working in a nonprofit setting preferred.
• Experience soliciting individual gifts.
• Experience with databases preferred.
• Event planning experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidential information.
• Proficient at managing multiple assignments through clear and direct communication.
• Adept at working independently and as a team member.
• Ability to work efficiently and problem-solve.
• Willingness and availability to work overtime, as necessary, for events and time-sensitive projects.
• Works well in a dynamic and fast-changing environment.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 or 2016, especially Word and Excel.
• College experience preferred
Position is open until filled.
No telephone calls please. Send resume, cover letter, three references, and writing sample via mail, fax, or email to:
Development Associate for Individual Giving Search Committee
Children’s Law Center
501 3rd Street, NW · 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20001
Children’s Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, medication, status as a veteran, tobacco use, or other classification protected by law.
Children’s Law Center has a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility. Our aim is to maintain an inclusive, respectful and equitable workplace and ensure all employees are culturally humble in order to most effectively achieve our mission and secure the best possible outcomes for our clients.