compensation: Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Muslim Advocates seeks a Development Officer to support individual engagement programs and events for donors and prospects at below $10,000. Responsibilities include aspects associated with annual fund and campaign appeals for new and existing outreach that incorporate communication, database, research, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and event management. The position reports directly to the Director of Development and collaboratively and strategically engages across multiple departments. The Development Officer will be working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment requiring a commitment to excellent time management, project management, and communication skills. This position is based in Washington, DC, although all staff are currently working remotely.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Annual Fund and Campaigns
• Build, cultivate, manage and steward a portfolio of donors with a focus on annual gifts of less than $10,000.
• Perform research and collect data to develop detailed information on prospects and donors with understanding of linkage between individual, family foundation, employment and other affiliations.
• Determine and implement prospect and donor strategies for campaigns, sponsorship, gifts, online and in-person events, and other emerging activities.
• Use project management techniques that define criteria, tasks, goals, timelines and budgets, to design and implement fundraising strategies.
• Create and implement effective strategies across channels (email, mail, social media, website, in-person and online meetings and events, digital marketing), in collaboration with other departments as needed, for a well-rounded fundraising program that retains current donors and acquires new donors.
• Prepare briefings, gift agreements and other correspondence for prospects and donors in collaboration as needed with other departments
• Manage acknowledgement and fulfillment of gifts, pledges and donor reports (financial and narrative).
• Manage prospect and donor activity using the fundraising database and associated reporting tools, ensuring that data is entered in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Write and produce written and electronic collateral materials, emails and donor updates.
• Analyze donor giving metrics to maximize understanding of donor intent, ROI and value add to enhance and improve prospect and donor engagement.
• Lead donor engagement activities in key cities and regions across the country, including events hosted by board members and volunteers.
• Provide and coordinate updates to website for development
Management and Operations
• Participate in weekly meetings.
• Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual budget, expense and status reports on fundraising activities as determined by the Director of Development.
• Collaborate with and support the Director of Development in meeting organizational and leadership development priorities.
• Maintain knowledge of Muslim Advocates fundraising priorities and organizational activities.
• Participate and promote a culture of philanthropy throughout Muslim Advocates and in all prospect and donor engagement.
• Some travel required.
Muslim Advocates seeks a Development Officer who possess these qualifications:
• Passion and commitment to organization mission and values
• Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising targets
• Ability to build prospect and donor relationships
• Knowledge of development best practices and donor stewardship
• Commitment to collaborative management process
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to follow through with and meet project and deadline commitments
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point
• Experience with technology systems, research databases, CRMs and other technology-based tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Able and willing to travel and work during evenings and weekends – usually 2-3 times a month
• Minimum 3-5 years non-profit development experience
• Bachelor degree required; Master Degree or CFRE a plus.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Founded in 2005, Muslim Advocates is a national civil rights organization working in the courts, in the halls of power and in communities to halt bigotry in its tracks. We ensure that American Muslims have a seat at the table with expert representation so that all Americans may live free from hate and discrimination. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers