compensation: The salary range for this position is $42,000. - $50,000. annually. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The mission of Jubilee Housing is building diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to those experiencing persistent economic hardship in the Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights neighborhoods of Washington D.C. Jubilee operates ten properties totaling 299 units of affordable housing and offers robust programming for residents and community members pursuing life goals.
Jubilee Housing is an innovator in financing for affordable housing and a responsible steward of the investments it receives. We understand our work to be about justice – for people who have been excluded from the prosperity of our city, and for our city itself to become a more equitable and united community. Our response is justice housing: affordable to those with few financial assets, located in neighborhoods where resources such as good schools, grocery stores, and public transportation are readily accessible and near services that support residents as they pursue educational and career attainment.
Jubilee is seeking individuals who are excited about this approach and want to work with us to operationalize our goals and aspirations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, Facilities Manager, for the overall maintenance of the apartment buildings and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the community. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
• HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, plaster and painting
• Repairing and treating items such as bathroom & kitchen fixtures, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and
• Make ready units for inspections and new move‐ins
• Have a strong working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain and assist with repairing and replacing HVAC systems
• Available for shared 24-hour emergency maintenance
• Assist with preventative maintenance program
• Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, snow removal, sweeping and light landscaping
• Coordinate special projects as directed
• Other duties as assigned
Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Strong leadership and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Enjoys being part of a diverse team.
• Good communication and writing skills and ability to interact with different personality types
• Highly organized and attentive to details.
• HVAC Certification a plus
• Trade certifications/trainings/diplomas
• Valid Driver’s License
The following attributes will be valuable to this role:
• English-Spanish bilingual a plus, but not required
• Knowledgeable about the daily realities facing low-income families/individuals
• Ability to act calmly, quickly, and thoughtfully in a crisis situation
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position with a salary range of $42,500.00- $50,000.00 commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter to include how you learned of this position and email i . Please reference “Maintenance Tech” in the subject line.
For more information about Jubilee Housing, please visit our website at www.jubileehousing.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers