Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists Health Manager in providing direct health care to children; provides screening and referral for health conditions; promotes a healthy school environment,
2. Assists in managing the Center’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic to ensure Center remains Covid-19 free,
3. Helps to monitor and ensure that all enrolled children have current physical exams including immunizations, lead testing, and TB testing. Supports tracking child file folders in health, nutrition and wellness care,
4. Assists in obtaining informed signed parental consent and release of information for all health, dental and nutritional services provided to children by the program or its contracted service providers,
5. Helps to oversee medication administration and tracking; ensures teaching staff are following all medication administration and tracking procedures,
6. Maintains detailed, accurate, up-to-date and confidential records including: child health files, health services tracking system and documentation of all activities.
1. Proven experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Registered Nurse preferred.
2. Minimum of two years experience in critical care nursing and/or pediatric nursing.
3. Knowledge of general nursing principles, practices, and standards.
4. Knowledge of the scope, objectives, functions and principles of local health care nursing.
5. Experience working with infants, toddlers, and/or preschool children from low income families is preferred.
6. Excellent planning and organizational skills; Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Proficiency in English verbal and written skills. Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
9. Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office and database management.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers