compensation: Salary depends on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
In an increasingly complex and changing world, The Asia Foundation believes that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia's continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation has an opportunity for a Senior Manager, Partnerships and New Business role for an equally ambitious team member with the experience and drive to engage with donors and pursue funding opportunities that will enable Let’s Read to help millions of children to read and thrive.
Our Books for Asia unit seeks a creative and passionate team member to build strategic funding partnerships to support its innovative Let’s Read program. In three years, Let’s Read has created meaningful reading opportunities for hundreds of thousands of children in local languages, supported professional development opportunities for authors, illustrators, editors, and publishers throughout Asia, and built an open license digital library of over 3,000 titles in 30 languages.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate has significant experience working to secure funding from institutional donors and is also passionate about creating meaningful reading opportunities for children. S/he thrives using teamwork and creative thinking to achieve a common vision and is a collaborative leader who seeks to empower others to successfully execute their own work.
• Serve as a key member of the Let’s Read leadership team
• Collaborate with The Asia Foundation’s Resource Development and Public Sector Development Services units
• Coordinate with The Asia Foundation’s Global Communication team
• Work with Let’s Read leadership and in-country program managers and staff to define partnership strategies and prioritize opportunities
• Engage with new and existing investors, partner organizations and stakeholders working in sectors relevant to Let’s Read such as pre and primary education, community engagement, technology, gender equity, environmental resilience, and conflict resolution and peace
• Opportunities to represent Let’s Read and The Asia Foundation at conferences and events
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in strategic partnerships and new business development required
• Experience in proposal development for a wide range of donors including US government and other bi-laterals, multilaterals, private foundations, corporations and individuals
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills across the business development continuum from trend analysis, strategy formulation, partnership formation, proposal development, production, compliance and stewardship
• Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in business, international development, or relevant field
Experience or interest in education technology, accessibility and/or publishing highly desired
• Develop strategies to engage new institutional donors and funding opportunities including US government, bi-laterals, multilaterals, and corporate and private foundations, and individuals
• Work with Let’s Read program teams to develop and submit funding proposals, comply with donor reporting requirements, and steward donors
• Ensure proposal quality and compliance requirements
• Represent Let’s Read at meetings, conferences, and donor outreach events to increase Let’s Read’s engagement with current and potential partners and donors
• Coordinate with Let’s Read and The Asia Foundation’s Resource Development and Public Sector Development Services teams to capitalize on partnership strategy efforts
• Work with in-country staff, as needed, to provide guidance for local partnership opportunities and steward funder relationships in country
• 20% - Develop engagement strategies
• 20% - Funder relationship building
• 30% - Lead development and submission of funding proposals
• 20% - Manage current funding compliance and donor relationships
• 10% - In country partnership development
WHY WORK AT THE ASIA FOUNDATION?
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to help solve some of the toughest challenges in the development/aid sector. You will work with people who address environmental problems in the Asia region, improve access to legal information, enhance civil society, promote government engagement/collaboration, support women’s empowerment, and encourage learning and awareness. You will work in an innovative environment and build lasting relationships. The Asia Foundation, its donors, and its partners are unmatched throughout the region. This is an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most accomplished leaders, influencers, and social entrepreneurs working in and with Asia today.