The Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager is responsible for recruiting student families to meet Briya’s annual year-round enrollment goals. The manager leverages a number of key resources to achieve enrollment goals: referral processes within Mary’s Center, Briya’s active Student Ambassador program, Briya’s network of partners across D.C., and the Briya outreach team and its staff partners.
• Create strategic and operational recruitment plans with leadership to ensure that all adult and early childhood classes meet enrollment numbers before the October count deadline and at subsequent enrollment checks throughout the year.
• Work closely with the Director of Adult Education to stay informed about student retention rates; participate in building strategies to increase retention. Adjust recruitment and outreach plans throughout the year in response to registration and retention needs, always working to keep Briya at 85% enrollment or greater during the school year.
• Evaluate registration, enrollment, and retention reports together with the Registration Manager, Director of Adult Education, Senior Director of Early Childhood Strategy, Director of Outreach & Adult Ed Strategy, and Executive Director to identify trends and necessary tactical shifts to maintain maximum enrollment.
• In partnership with the Director of Charter Data & Administrative Manager, build and utilize data collection systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts; train staff and volunteers in the use of these systems and lead team accountability in prioritizing this effort.
• Prioritize and evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment and outreach tactics on an ongoing basis, according to impact and resource management; lead team evaluations of recruitment activities annually.
DC Public Schools
• Build partnerships with local schools to recruit the parents of their students for Briya enrollment. Analyze school data to determine best partnership targets – geography, percentage English language learners, etc.
• Build close relationships with schools’ ELL student support staff, Parent Coordinators, and Social Services staff to identify opportunities for recruitment and develop direct referral processes. Design special events to introduce school staff to Briya’s educational programs, including attending their staff meetings and hosting open houses at Briya.
• Attend school events such as back to school nights, school open houses, Parent-Teacher conference days, Principal Coffees, and other special events. Coordinate flyering at drop-off and pick-up when appropriate.
• Schedule parent workshops as a sampling strategy for prospective students. Support schools with workshop enrollment efforts. Work closely with registration to follow up with interested families.
• In partnership with registration staff, facilitate on-site registrations at schools.
Non-profits, Churches, and Community-Based Organizations
• Cultivate relationships with non-profit, church, and community-based organizations who serve English language learning families. Look for opportunities to create referral systems, promote Briya’s programs, offer sampling workshops, etc.
• Design special events to introduce partners to Briya’s educational programs.
• Coordinate closely with Student Services Coordinator to ensure mutually supportive outreach efforts, track engagement, and share contacts and opportunities. Maintain a joint database of current contact information.
• Attend, and arrange for outreach staff and student ambassadors to attend, community events (flyering or with formal tables) to promote Briya, such as festivals, cultural events, job and resource fairs, etc.
• In collaboration with communications and senior leadership at Briya, capitalize on recruitment opportunities at Mary’s Center – with a particular focus on building sustainable referral systems between the two organizations.
• Oversee weekly registration and information tables at DC clinics, staffed by outreach team.
• Partner with communications team to ensure current promotions are marketed within Mary’s Center waiting rooms, promotional materials are stocked, etc.
• Design and run promotional referral campaigns with Mary’s Center staff at key enrollment times.
• Collaborate closely with Mary’s Center to cross-promote medical, social services, and education programs at special events throughout D.C.
Recruitment Events & Initiatives
• Design and execute a range of year-round recruitment initiatives and events based on data from previous activity, evolving student need, and timely opportunities with partners.
• Maintain a complete calendar of events, including promotional campaign windows, school-based recruitment events, and partner and community events. Regularly re-prioritize event-based initiatives based on data and levels of prospect engagement.
• Leverage current student loyalty by creating initiatives that incent student referrals; visit classrooms to promote student referral incentive programs and class openings.
• Partner with Director of Outreach to leverage the Student Ambassador program in support of recruitment efforts. Participate in trainings and ambassador meetings as needed. Oversee administrative support of Student Ambassador event calendar.
• Plan and facilitate open houses, partner tour days, prospective student visiting days, and other Briya-based recruitment events. Work closely with Events Coordinator, education staff and registration team to design engaging experiences that give visitors a hands-on sample of Briya’s unique two-generation and workforce development programs, including a new approach to student preview classes.
• Work closely with Communications Coordinator and Events Coordinator to develop and update materials (collateral, signage, premiums, etc.) and events that support recruitment efforts.
• Meet regularly with outreach, registration, and communication staff to ensure collaboration and efficient execution of initiatives.
• Regularly review SIS reports with Registration Manager to evaluate registration, enrollment and attendance data. Collaborate on data-driven adjustments to registration and recruitment activities.
• During high enrollment times (August-September), be prepared to back up registration staff when there is appointment overflow.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Demonstrated track record of student recruitment or related experience
• Experience building and sustaining strategic partnership
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in a related position
• English and Spanish proficiency (other languages a plus)
• Ability to work independently and without immediate supervision
Physical Demands – Regularly required standing, walking, and sitting, sometimes for many hours at a time; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds
Work Environment – Part time in a typical office and classroom setting with quiet to moderate noise level. Ability to regularly travel around Washington, D.C. using personal and/or public modes of transportation to meet with partners and attend events with moderate to loud noise levels. Frequently maintains work hours outside of Mon-Fri 9-5, including evenings and weekends, to lead recruitment outreach and events.
Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers