Who We Are:
QR Code Link to This Post
Fund for Equality is a project of Fund for the Public Interest and the Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. This summer we’ll be fighting to pass the Equality Act: a comprehensive federal non-discrimination bill ensuring individuals cannot be fired, denied housing or refused service based on their sexual orientation and gender identity. By engaging and mobilizing thousands of people across the country, we’ll generate the public pressure we need to pass the bill and win full federal equality under the law.
If you want to make an impact and work for equality, then this is the job for you. We have full-time paid canvasser and field manager positions available from May through August, earning an average of $6,000 to $8,000/summer.
As a canvasser you will:
- Educate and engage citizens on pressing equality issues.
- Build membership and raise money for the Human Rights Campaign.
As a field manager, in addition to canvassing every day, you will:
- Recruit, train and manage a team of staff in the office and in the field.
- Develop the strategy to meet or exceed the campaign’s goals for fundraising and membership identification.
- Track funds raised, campaign goals met and new members identified while canvassing.
Whether you’re starting a career in politics or looking for an opportunity to gain communication and leadership experience, working in a summer canvass office allows you to learn the skills you’ll need to be successful well into the future. You should apply if you want to…
- Gain field experience in a grassroots campaign position.
- Make a real impact on these issues.
- Earn an average of $6,000 to 8,000 this summer, working for something you believe in.
- Develop communication and leadership skills that will be useful in any job you take in the future.
- Make connections that could launch a career in nonprofit, political or grassroots organizing.
- Passion for social change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
Fund for Equality is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
To apply, call 1-303-573-5858 or send your contact info through this link: www.summerjobsforequality.org