compensation: Depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Risk Management/Conflicts Assistant is responsible for responding to daily requests for preliminary conflicts checks and processing all facets of new business intake requests, including conflicts checking for new clients, new matters, potential new clients of lateral hires, as well as changes and updates to existing representations.
The Firm requires that the duties and responsibilities of this position be performed onsite during scheduled work hours.
• Responsible for providing support to the Conflicts/New Business Intake Manager
• Conduct preliminary conflicts checks and final conflicts checks as needed; respond to supplemental questions and discussion threads relating to the conflict check
• Monitor the Conflicts Inbox for incoming requests and ensure that all questions are addressed in a timely fashion on a daily basis, and that any outgoing messages that require a response are pursued on a timely basis
• Prepare communications to attorneys, clearly summarizing all potential conflicts identified in conflicts reports and recommend action steps
• Provide effective conflicts of interest assessments; provide reference to any existing engagement documentation, advance waivers, matter-specific waivers and/or any relevant corporate research and family tree information
• Follow conflicts clearance procedures and coordinate the confirmation of final conflicts of interest determinations
• Actively follow up with attorneys and other firm personnel on all outstanding questions and other items related to each conflict check and every new engagement
• Confirm receipt of necessary conflict waivers and other documentation as needed
• Provide support and gather information necessary for the implementation of ethical walls
• Review new business intake requests for completeness, particularly with respect to party information to ensure minimal errors or omissions, and spot issues such as the need for more detailed responses on essential intake topics and questions
• Interact with management team to identify potential conflicts issues and summarize necessary background information; assist with corporate research, alter ego research and analysis
• Monitor new client/matter and change process requests to ensure all new business intake request forms are moved forward on a timely basis
• Upload critical documents, such as signed copies of engagement letters with standard terms and conditions and closure letters to the conflicts database
• Responsible for providing additional administrative support to carry out risk management functions related to client quality, comprehensive recordkeeping on all new engagements, client and matter maintenance throughout their lifecycle, loss prevention procedures and related firm policies
• Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
• Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities are required which would require the applicant to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
• Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
• Ability to respond quickly, work on completing incoming tasks, prioritize and coordinate deadlines and regularly track progress of tasks
• Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
• Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
• Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Ability to provide responsive and efficient administrative support
• Understands and adopts the organizational structure
• Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
• Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
• Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior law firm or research experience preferred
• Experience with conflicts searching, research, analysis and conflicts clearance desired
• This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description as other duties may be assigned.
**Wiley is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.