Exciting Internship at Sports AI Start-Up (remote work) (New York)
compensation: Unpaid with equity bonus employment type: full-time internship telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
Sparrow is an early-stage startup that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to help athletes improve. We are offering an exciting 3+ month internship for a bright, hard-working, resourceful college student or recent college graduate looking to learn the ins and outs of the startup, A.I., and sports worlds.
You’ll help the core team to execute the 2020 agenda, including: product app development, analytics, social media, public relations, email marketing, influencer outreach, content creation and more.
In this role, you will work closely with the company’s serial-entrepreneur CEO and experience the startup culture and operational systems that helped produce several successful startups, including one worth $3 billion, one bought by Twitter, and one recently featured on TheEllenShow!
Person sought must:
(1) Be a student at or a recent graduate of a reputable 4-year college, with either an engineering, math, business or marketing related degree and/or experience
(2) Be able to work an 8 hour work day (-40 hours per week) through the end of December 2020.
(3) Be uber-productive, able to switch between different kinds of tasks, and comfortable taking on all jobs complex or mundane.
(4) Be experienced and comfortable using online tools like G Suite, email marketing platforms and social media outlets like Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter.
(5) Be very detail-oriented and thoughtful when executing a task or initiative
(6) Be able to figure out how things work, or how to get things done when a solution isn’t obvious or involves multiple steps or tools
This position represents a unique opportunity to:
* work closely with the company founders, successful serial entrepreneurs who have started numerous companies, raised over $20 million in venture capital for them, and have 2 successful exits. (check out our founders here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS1-nJuzZgg)
* learn the ins-and-outs of running a startup with tremendous potential that is just getting started
* although unpaid, potentially earn an equity bonus (stock options), and more importantly gain relationships in the tech, AI, and sports industry
*** Testimonials from Sparrow’s recent Intern Class ***
“While at Sparrow I expanded my abilities and I got to contribute to a range of projects, from research to email marketing to product development. Overall great experience!”
- John K, Columbia University ‘21 (Men’s Varsity Golf Team, Math major)
“My internship at Sparrow has allowed me to delve deep into the world of a startup company and learn how to market as a small company with large goals. It has been a blast!” - Josh M., Chapman University '22, NSCS Member (National Society of Collegiate Scholars),
“I loved getting exposure into the fast paced start-up world - my internship with Sparrow was awesome!”
Rebecca R., Brown University ‘22 (Women’s Varsity Soccer Team, Applied Math major)
“My internship with Sparrow was the best experience - I got to dive in and contribute to the inner workings of a tech company.’ - Jeff Y., Harvard University ‘24 (Men’s Varsity Golf Team)
To apply, please send your resume and reason(s) why you are a fit.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers