GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Interesting work for an accrediting agency (ACCET) in a small, supportive office environment (Washington, DC, Dupont Circle), with full benefits. Assist in the accreditation of higher education institutions. Primary responsibilities include: (1) serving as the point person for internal and external communication; (2) preparing for accreditation workshops, Commission meetings, and the annual conference; (3) providing technical support to staff, Commissioners, and member institutions; (4) coordinating special events; and (5) performing other duties and clerical tasks in an office that is increasingly electronic. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
1. Receive and distribute internal and external communications:
• Communicate with member institutions by phone and email. Answer telephone and direct calls.
• Open, sort, log, and distribute incoming correspondence daily.
• Prepare correspondence, documents, and reports related to accreditation.
• Edit, update, distribute, file electronically, and track documents, as necessary.
2. Assist in the preparation of workshops, Commission meetings, and the annual conference:
• Prepare electronic files and documents required for Commission meetings.
• Format, edit, and send out Commission letters to member institutions by email and mail.
• Track and save electronically reports, including team reports and institutional responses.
3. Provide technical assistance and support to staff, member institutions, and Commissioners.
• Update the ACCET website and databases.
• Update and troubleshoot the Accreditation Management System (AMS).
• Assist member institutions and others in utilizing AMS, Zoom, and other technologies.
4. Coordinate events such as workshops, meetings, holiday parties, and the annual conference:
• Order and set-up food for Commission meetings, workshops, and special events.
• Book hotel accommodations for Commissioners and others.
• Create name tags, sign-in sheets, and certificates for workshop participants.
• Assist the conference chairs with planning and registrations for the annual conference.
5. Perform other duties and clerical tasks in an office that is increasingly electronic.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• One year of office experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• Proficiency with web software, including HTML.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to be productive with little supervision.
• Professional demeanor/appearance.
FULL BENEFITS: Medical, dental, and life insurance; retirement plan; free parking or commuter stipend.
SALARY: $40,000 - $45,000 depending upon experience.
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER, & SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
ORGANIZATION: The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) is a non-profit, national accrediting agency founded in 1974 and recognized by the US Department of Education for the purposes of improving education and training at private postsecondary institutions. ACCET institutions are located in the United States, Puerto Rico, and some abroad. ACCET has a diverse institutional membership, including: (1) private career colleges/schools, (2) institutions offering English programs to non-immigrant foreign students, and (3) companies providing continuing education to employees and the general public.
For a job description and to learn more about ACCET go to our website (www.ACCET.org).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers