QR Code Link to This Post
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people. Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management. We take pride in the fact that our multifamily communities are places our residents are proud to call home. Our customer-focused associates set us apart from our competition - managing every aspect of our communities to ensure the highest level of service, value and convenience for residents.
We are searching for a talented Assistant Property Manager, Residential to be based out of The Yards in DC!
Assists the Property Manager with the general administration of the property and performs related management functions with the daily operations of an apartment community. Cross trained on Property Manager functions and acts in that capacity in the Manager's absence. Leads leasing team and assists with prospect tours and leasing initiatives. Assists with responsibility of maintaining the physical asset and the performance of the property, to achieve the highest possible net operating income. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management.
- Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management software systems including assistance in training of new associates and ongoing training of existing property staff.
- Assists in the management of efficient operation of the property consistent with Loss Prevention and Corporate Office policies and procedures, even during understaffed periods. Responds to emergency situations, contacting appropriate agencies or Regional Managers as necessary.
- May prepare purchase orders, code and process vendor invoices for payment, send documentation to Corporate Office and follow up on vendor payment inquiries.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all maintenance programs to ensure the proper and efficient operation of systems, preventive maintenance programs, housekeeping functions, and responses to resident maintenance requests. Prepares service orders when residents call and distributes to appropriate associates for completion. Follows up on forwarded maintenance requests and makes sure that all residents are notified if there must be a delay. Ensures completion of resident service requests.
- Maintains working knowledge of leasing policies and procedures and performs functions related to leasing and lease renewal. Ensures effective and appropriate implementation in accordance with Corporate Office and Fair Housing policies and procedures. Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals.
- Conducts move-in and move-out inspections of apartments to determine applicable charges for damages. Conducts inspections to determine market readiness and implements high quality standards of cleanliness and aesthetic appearance. May perform interim unit inspections.
- Collects rent from residents, verifies amount paid, accounts for discrepancies, deposit rent checks, sends verifying information to Corporate Office and follows up on any delinquent rents, initiating eviction procedures as necessary.
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED.
- Additional degrees that are preferred for this position include: Associate Degree in Property Management or Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- 1-2 years of required experience in Leasing, Bookkeeping, or Operations.
- This position may require a valid driver's license depending on the needs of the property.
- Required skills for this positon include: fair housing laws, property management, and Microsoft Office.
- A preferred skill for this position include: affordable housing programs, One-Site, customer service, following through, and personal accountability.
- Weekend work is a requirement (at least 2 weekends out of the month)
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn't want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace