QR Code Link to This Post
Brookfield Properties is a fully-integrated, global real estate services company, providing industry-leading portfolio management capabilities across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager. Brookfield Properties develops and manages premier real estate with a focus on maximizing the tenant experience and investment performance. We are committed to integrating leading-edge real estate technologies which keep us at the forefront of innovation and sustainability – benefiting not only our tenants and business partners, but also the communities in which we operate.
We are searching for a talented Leasing Manager, Apartments to be based out of Estate at The Yards, in D.C.
Directs the day-to-day activities of the leasing staff and performs functions related to the leasing of the apartment community. This position is normally associated with a highly complex apartment community with multiple units and/or buildings. Responsible for functions related to maintaining a high and stable occupancy of the property.
- Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. Completes applicant screening process and prepares appropriate correspondence based upon the result.
- Prepares leases and related leasing addendums. Maintains lease records and files. Maintains property waiting list and other updates to various records and reports in accordance with policy and procedures, applicable affordable housing programs and HUD/Agency regulations.
- Ensures accuracy of leasing data entered into the property software by all leasing associates. Reviews move-in files to ensure completion of assembly and accuracy. Processes and inspects weekly occupancy reports and ensures that all traffic data is entered. Reviews and critiques weekly call source recordings. Works with Leasing Consultants to increase effectiveness of techniques as needed. Prepares an analysis of call source for property management. Reviews all leasing associate files prior to move-ins and after.
- Ensures that the leasing office, models and target apartments are in a presentable condition. Ensures that all leasing personnel meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model apartments and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals.
- Ensures apartments are ready for occupancy by inspecting, placing move-in products and last minute touches when necessary. Distributes keys, move-in package, safety video and other appropriate paperwork at time of lease signing.
- Trains new leasing associates and ensures all policy and procedures are followed with. Trains and coaches new associates on the property and day to day functions of office.
- Monitors closing ratios of the leasing team. Monitors the occupancy of the property and strategizes and leads the leasing team towards meeting budgeted goals.
- Assists with resident retention. Provides on going customer service to residents after moving in. Process work order requests, package collection, assists with day to day operations of the property and resident satisfaction.
- This position requires an Associate Degree in Property Management.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Undergraduate Degree in General Studies.
- 1-2 years of required Supervisory experience.
- 3-4 years of required experience Sales or Leasing.
- A valid driver's license may be required depending on needs of the property.
- Required skills for this positon include: fair housing laws, affordable housing programs, Microsoft Office Suite, self-motivated, communication, and personal accountability.
- A preferred skill for this position include: One-Site
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace