Summer Acquisitions Analyst
QR Code Link to This Post
Monarch Urban is seeking a Summer Acquisitions Analyst to provide a full complement of support to the firm’s acquisition activities. Reporting to the Principals, you'll work directly with the owners of the company and play a key role in identifying and underwriting a range of multifamily development opportunities in the Washington, DC area. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and an effective communicator, as well as demonstrate the ability to respond to changing workloads and priorities.
In order to provide a meaningful summer work experience, we will strive to provide access to the following types of responsibilities:
• Acquisition Sourcing - Establish a system to identify potential acquisitions through contact with brokers, property owners, and other sources.
• Acquisition Underwriting - Perform financial analyses of potential acquisitions, with a primary focus on multifamily assets, including sensitivity analyses to demonstrate the upside potential/downside risk of specific factors and joint venture cash flows with various promote structures.
• Presentation of Underwriting - Draft investment memoranda highlighting the risk/return profile of each deal and present various financial metrics including yield on cost, equity multiple, and IRR.
• Drafting/Negotiation of LOI & PSA – Assist in the preparation of Letters of Intent and Purchase and Sale Agreements.
• Due Diligence - Conduct due diligence incorporating local market data, third-party property reports, zoning designations, and jurisdictional requirements. Research market data including interfacing with brokers to obtain comparable lease and sales information.
• Debt and Equity Financing – Prepare debt and equity requests and track response rates from various lenders and investors.
• Closing – Organize and track items necessary to effectuate closing of an acquisition.
• Analytical thinker with the ability to understand a complex situation and build a financial model to calculate the impact of various drivers and variables.
• Strong written communication skills, with the ability to present both high-level and detailed aspects of an acquisition in clear and concise language.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Excel.
• High level of presentation skills.
This position would begin on or around June 1st, 2020 and continue until approximately August 31st, 2020. Potential candidates may propose alternative dates if necessary.