IT Systems Accountant (Federal Government Clearance) (DC, MD, VA)
available mornings education completed: doctoral
QR Code Link to This Post
Dr. Stephanie A. Diggs-Ofoe
Federal Government Clearance
Cell: show contact info
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, FIANANCIAL MANAGER AND SYSTEMS PROFESSIONAL
In my current Leadership role I am responsible for Senior System Accountant Manager Consultant, Business Application Management. I aim for continuous improvement with my performance, training and communication. Also I am responsible for Logistical Management, and Bid Coordination. I oversee contracts, contracting tools, approval workflow management, procurement information systems, internal controls, industry intelligence gathering, and internal and external reporting analytics. I partner with Procurement Contract Services and Account Managers to allow for competitive supplier landscapes, develop innovative negotiation strategies, mitigate business and contract risks. As Acting Assistant Chief for three years, my responsibilities were to ensure timely and accurate data management to support spend analytics to be integrated into planning and reporting cycles with Branch Chiefs and the Director. I worked in the Lead value realization Enterprise Readiness Programs (ERPs), in establishing strategic direction and providing leadership to data management which included internal and external reporting for key business stakeholders. I provided oversight for the external workforce fulfillment effort managed by the financial department for IT and non-IT contractors’ labor. I have extensive experience in financial regulations, strategic and critical thinking, inventory reconciliation, intercompany reconciliation, accounts payable/receiving, inventory management, tax accounting, governmental accounting, system analysis, process improvement, and financial statement preparation. I have proven knowledge in procurement policies, program project management concepts and techniques. I have thorough understanding of technology systems, and data analytics. Above all, I have strong leadership knowledge and skilled.
DEVELOEPMENTAL AND WORK EXPERIENCES
Acting Chief/Supervisor/IT Lead of Systems Accounting Services, Defense Agencies Full-Time, 40 hours per week 6/2010 to 7/2013
Actively interacted with employees to make sure their primary job functions were completed, with no issues. Three years of Accounting 100% experience. Ensured that the team got their questions answered. Three years of Accounting 100%.
Senior System Accountant Manager, Full-Time, 40 hours per week DFAS July 2008 to current
3990 E. Broad Street, Branch DFAS-Columbus, Ohio 43213
Design new systems or develop modifications to existing systems. Work with DIFMs Navy and Marines system billings, and monthly financial reporting systems. Review, develop, test, systems change request (SCRs), train accountants and business analyst how implement the information system of the organization. Train and develop one systems accountant, two accountants and one financial analyst to render streamlined and best business practices. Investigate the cause of system inadequacies.
• Define the nature and scope of activities to be Seven years, 75% accounting and seven years six months, 25%, three years, six months, auditing experience. Covered by accounting system.
• Ensuring that all Legislative, Government Accountability Office (GAO), Treasury Department, and Office Management Budget (OMB) requirements are satisfied.
• Consistently ensure that all the systems are up and running with minimal to no error/issues.
• Information Technology (IT) controls preparedness for Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) for Base Operating Support Systems (BOSS), Defense Industrial Management Systems (DIFMS), Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization, (DITCO), Financial Accounting Budget System (FABS), REG Pay, and Standard Finance Systems (STANFINS) thru Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). To validate the system inputs, relationship entities, are accessible, understandable, and usable. Testing controls are validations.
• Provides technical analysis for projects, including preparing and maintaining project documentation, to include test plans, audit assertion documentation, self-identified deficiency reports, action and corrective action plans, and business process maps. Including web based program scripts in Multi-Host Internet Access Portal (MIAP) eportal and RUMBA
• Validate results for audit findings and analyze the corresponding regulations impacts to auditable processes.
• Responsible for quality assurance activities on control techniques per FISCAM, as well as other applications standards in Systems support of
• DFAS owned systems, tools and processes.
• For the past nine years have led and facilitate intensified periods of review and diagnostic efforts by engaging system and operational representatives with the objective of improving the automated internal control environment.
• Provides expert advice to system teams on subjects related
• Design the system of accounts and provide for account recording and reconciliation at all appropriate levels.
• Define transaction security requirements and provide for audit and internal controls.
• Ensuring the software architecture provides for future expansion or changes.
• Perform unit testing to demonstrate that all components of the SCR, FISCAM, and internal controls have been completed and are working for compliance to Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA).
• Exercise all paths of the modified/new code, verifying that all error paths are handled appropriately and that the software performs according to design. Monitors daily systems, schedule to ensure functional operations properly and efficient.
• Provide evidence showing that all error messages have been tested and all functionality is working as designed.
• Study the effect of changes on overall system operation, and review recommendation for new capabilities.
• Lead, adhere meetings resolve system operational problems, gather information on new requirements, provide technical advice regarding automated finance systems and conferences, keep both written and oral communication with supervisors, chiefs and director.
• Review, approve, develop, authorize test scripts, plan and implement the information systems of the organization.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of a stakeholders strategic communication plan to enhance the agency and align/amplifies the agency brand and advances the agency goals of enhancing employee professional experience, development of the discovery awards, communication tools/themes, development of eLearning in the agency, creating new non-monetary rewards in an interdisciplinary climate, balancing affordability/access, and excellence for the agency.
• Maintain and improve control objectives, Standard Operating Procedures, i.e., evidential matter, purpose, applicability scope, key and internal controls, and flow charts.
• Analyzes and evaluate (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) for established goals and objectives.
• Develop, establishes guidelines for control for DITCO FABS, RegPay, FastPay and Europe invoice systems for internal controls, standard operating procedures, and flow charts.
• Independently performs recurring assignments of limited and complexity in support of projects assigned to higher graded analyst.
• Knowledge of analytical, mathematical, and /or statistical theories, principles, and practices to plan, coordinate, and execute segments of complex studies.
• Use rigorous methods of logic and scientific discipline to design, develop and adapt and/or oversee the design, development, and adaption of mathematical cost models the will be used to evaluate the cost of various programs.
• Promote team cohesiveness by defining roles and responsibility of each team member to establish overall objectives.
Perform a broad range of operations research analyses assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies. As a graduate from the intern Leaders in Motion (LIM) program: I examined review budget analysis pertaining to formulation, adhere justification, and/or execution of budgets to support of DFAS missions programs and projects. Execute, approve, provide and ensure venders technical advice regarding budgetary policy, regulation, by interpreting guidance changes from OMB, DOD, DFAS-HQ as well as through general meetings. Verify the validity and integrity of program data. Distributed workload assignments as directed by chief among team members in accordance with workflow, skill level. Trained four team leaders to date whom are promoted to chiefs and supervisors. Accomplished and fulfill the mission with workload and training to team leaders and team members. Prepared performance reports as assigned to me by previous chief and supervisors, screen applications prior to panel interview, maintain records of work accomplishments to provide supervisors, chief and team leaders with employee performance appraisal information.
Accountant, Full-Time, 40 hours per week DFAS December 2007 to July 2008
Record, reporting, and interpreting, in terms of money, the business entity’s financial transactions, that provide information for formulating policy, planning actions, and evaluating performance. One year, six months, 100% Accounting and Auditing experiences. Worked in Air Force Treasury Reports DFAS-JASB/CO, AMMC accounting to prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, conclude and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Compare reconciled balance sheet accounts, general ledgers. Responsible for preparing, auditing, analyzing and reporting financial data as required. Stimulate and ensure compliance with all (Sarbanes Oxley) requirements.
• Preparing, analyzing, interpreting and presenting accounting data, records transactions for purpose of correcting errors.
• Operating, maintain, and modifying accounting systems.
• Using accounting information to recommend solutions to management problems and structuring of organization programs.
• Managing, operating, and analyzing cost accounting systems in connection with manufacturing or other business activities.
• Designing, implementing, and assessing internal control processes and systems. Performs the following assignments, serving as the principal point of contact performing staff level accounting work including analyzing/interpreting higher headquarters accounting policies and procedures and reporting directives for implementation throughout the command; verifying accuracy of input to accounting reports and summarizing same for reports; providing accounting advice;
• These were for large and very complex transactions that were reported to Treasury. Performed funds distribution including receiving allocations, issuing allotments, monitoring, controlling and reporting annual program and fund authorization for current and prior year. Prepared and analyzes a variety of special reports pertaining to appropriated funds and reimbursements. Advised and assists Financial Managers in matters pertaining to the processing, control, and reconciliation of allocations/allotments. Evaluated current funding utilizing historical trend analysis. Reconciled general ledger and subsidiary reports, Statement of Accountability, monthly reports including Standard General Ledger reconciliation's, and coordinate adjustments as required. Conducted numerous financial analysis of program execution status and provides data for the management decision process
• Developed treasury reports for accountants, technicians including financial specialists under the directive of the chief.
• Guide and analyze business operations, trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues, expenses to provide advice. Reviews and evaluates study projects, proposal, and/or reports for adequacy of methodology, including the use of development of computerized models, ensuring the techniques used are valid and appropriate to the problem or issue identified.
• Report, studies and evaluate to management regarding the finances of establishment.
• Maintain and establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Directs and coordinates accounting operations which include cash processing and voucher examination.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
While in the intern Leaders in Motion (LIM) program: I examined, analyzed, and evaluated reports, records, data, and internal controls, and recommends corrective actions when discrepancies/weaknesses are identified. Regularly demonstrated an understanding on evaluating different sources of information (e.g., reconciliation's, trends, etc.), and demonstrated the ability to accurately input data and reconcile outputs such as the
Reporting System (DELMARS) through execution of accounting assignments, regularly demonstrated an understanding and knowledge of internal control concepts and procedures.
Financial Management Analyst, Full-Time, 40 hours per week DFAS October 2006 to Dec 2007
Supervise, or manage administrative work of a fiscal, financial management, accounting or budgetary nature. Apply and exercise established financial analysis principles, concepts and practices to a wide variety of difficult problems associated with gathering and analyzing data and identifying methods, such as cost benefit and productivity analysis methods, to improve agency business areas. Identify, report financials to eliminate cost drivers related to non-value added activities; optimizes cost drivers related to value added activities; gains an understanding of cost behavior that is critical to cost. As an intern Leaders in Motion (LIM) program, develop, maintain, and monitor integrated reporting system(s) effecting programs with interrelated functions and operations. Analyze and evaluates financial management accounting systems, public laws, governing policies, guidelines, rules, regulations, and precedents. Conduct financial reviews and completes projects that provide advisory services to management officials regarding complex programs Determine the need for, plans, and develops special studies pertaining to forecasts, projections or estimates having current or future budgetary implications Coordinate the negotiation to ensure accuracy of data and detects inconsistencies in processing and management reports; and improves internal controls.
Accomplishment: Promoted to GS 11 in the Leaders in Motion Program.
Customer Service Representative MOCAS, Full-Time, 40 hours per week DFAS January 2006 to October 2006
Strengthen and performed research and analyzed MOCAS contracts for customer issues, provided information/technical guidance to contractors. Interpreted contractual clauses, modifications and coding actions as they apply to invoices and payments. Perform task of providing customer service and respond to customer inquiries for all invoice payment issues including the late payment, underpayment, or overpayment of invoices. Conclude and assisted in researching, analyzing, contract accounts payable and resolving customer service issues for change within the governed laws, regulations, policies and procedures in MOCAS and recommendations on contracts for customers. Resources used were EDI, EMA, EDM and MOCAS contract pay systems.
Home Loan Operations Manager, Branch, Full-Time, 40 hours per week Chase Bank Dec. 1997 to May 2006
Approve or reject, or coordinate the approval and rejection of, lines of credit and commercial, real estate, and personal loans.
• Develop, analyze information to assess the current and future financial status of businesses and preferred customer accounts up to $1 billion for preferred accounts. Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping. Nine years auditing and accounting experience.
• Evaluate data pertaining to costs in order to plan budgets, financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, investment activities, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions.
• Network within communities to find and attract new business. Allocates funds to individual activities or areas based on an analysis of historical activity budget estimates.
• Interview, select, train promote, transfer handle management issues, make employment determinations, annual performance review appraisals, recruiting jobs fairs, screen applicants, discharge and seek management, loan officers and regular staff or 12; tellers, investment bankers and new accounts mangers. Prepare annual budgets for future plans based upon local needs.
• As the Home Loan Manager work with Ginnie Mae ‘s relationships, approved issuers or issuer applicants,
• Plan works closely with the Monitoring and Asset Management Portfolio for Preferred Clients with income in excess of $1,000,000,000 per year. Other duties assigned included work for Branch Director, job progress function for administration and personnel.
• Special accounts customers worth millions that I was there personal banker, and due to the name of individuals and financial worth the names were never identified to my staff. Grow deposits and customer relations.
• Duties involve budget formulation and execution, financial management, management of procurement and property functions, oversight of credit card program, for operation and maintenance of an integrated system of financial services that include accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and procurement. Responsible for exercising effective control over the financial resources. Collaborated the lending programs and service through outreach and marketing in Columbus, Ohio, including training, education, development, lender recruitment, consultation and working with assigned lenders. Conducted face-to-face and home visits with individual for the purpose of delivering loan programs and services. Provided assistance through consultative and customer interactions with lenders. Educated clients on products. Work with local businesses, encourage a warm environment, address clients expectations. Manage and work with tellers, and investment bankers.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
Delegated and supervised a staff of three bank tellers, two new accounts managers and one investment broker. Supported the Bank from an executive/broad Accounts Payable Operations perspective, responsible for financial management advice and assistance; conducted reviews, internal controls, functional requirements, policies and procedures, transactions or systems outputs; and define and validate financial problems i.e., accounts payable, accounts receivables and investments to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of payment operations, financial and accounting operations, and including administrative and personnel operations. Monitor and a major focus of these tasks, as a senior home loan manager and lead, was operational, financial, accounting along with new business process improvements known today as Enterprise Resource Program (ERP), Six Sigma Green Belt and Green Belt solutions environment.
Additional Job Experiences: Seventeen and six months accounting and auditing experiences.
Meijer Retail Store, Third Shift Store Director/Department Manager, supervised 600 employees, Full-Time 40 hours per week, Full Time, Brice Road, 7/1986 to 12/1994
Xerox Corporation, Inventory Manager, supervised Northwest Region, 200 employees, Full-Time 40 hours per week, Full Time, 50 Penn Place, 7/1981 to 7/1986
JC Penney, District Manager/Buyer, supervised Store and District, 1,500 employees, Full-Time 40 hours per week, Shepherd Mall NW 23rd Street, 12/1979 to 7/1981
McDonalds, Store Manager/Manager Trainee, Full-Time 40 hours per week, Full Time, Bethany Store, 7/1978 to 12/1979
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Doctorate Business Administration
D.B.A., Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, Alabmba, 36561
M.S.A., Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48859, 1992
Bachelor & Diploma Degrees
B.S.A., Park University, Columbus, Ohio 43213- Management/Accounting, 2009
Diploma Certificate, DeVry Institute of Technology, Columbus, Ohio 43209, 2000
B.B.A., Oklahoma Central University, Edmond, Oklahoma 73034, 1978
DOD Financial Management Certification L2PL3, 2015 to 2017
Lean 6 Green Belt, 2008
Federal Financial Management Certified Accountant, 2008 to current
Contractors Officer Representative, 2009 to current
Certificate, Marvin York Vocational Training Center, Computer Science, 1983
Conferences attend quarterly prior to SAT Testing- DIFMS SAT Conferences (DFAS/INDY)
Conference annually DIFMS Navy, Marines and Air Force Conferences (DFAS/Columbus)
SPECIAL SKILLS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AWARDS
Recipient of High Academic Achievement Awards from Central State University
Member: National Association Black Accountants, Bankers Association, Notary Public
Personal: United Way Fund Raiser Participant, United Way Fund Raiser Participant
Chairperson, Esther Tyree Scholarship Board, Shiloh Baptist Church
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA),
Homeless Warriors Weekend – Feed the Homeless,
International Women Christian Association
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers