compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience, to be negotiated. Full medical benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Perform field industrial hygiene tasks including:
1. Inspect buildings for asbestos, lead, mold, PCBs, mercury and toxic chemicals.
2. Monitor abatement contractors for compliance with regulations and approved work plans.
3. Collect air samples for mold, chemicals or asbestos.
4. Analyze asbestos samples on site by phase contrast microscopy.
5. Prepare information from field work and lab reports as input to final reports.
6. Use direct reading instruments to monitor particulates, VOCs, radiation and sound.
7. Additional work may involve other types of field work including sampling of soil, water or air.
Education: BS or higher in science or engineering. Courses desired: General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Zoology, Advanced Biology coursework, Physics
Growth Potential: Growth could lead into project management and/or senior technical level work which would include report writing and development of plans to perform investigations; and advancing to Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Required Skills: Microsoft Office including Word and Excel; & Google Suites. Ability to lift 30 pounds. Ability to climb ladders and work on knees. Ability to learn to write clear technical reports.
Other Requirements: Work schedule will be variable including some nights and weekends. The potential exists for interior and exterior projects in all weather conditions. Regional and local travel will be involved. A dependable personal car will be required. Mileage will be reimbursable.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers