compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Observes and monitors conditions, objects or persons which might require police action and responds per established policies, procedures and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts foot and vehicle security patrols of client’s buildings and grounds. Observes and monitors conditions, objects, or persons which might require police action. Controls access to and inspects packages of those entering and leaving buildings. Reports all safety, security, and law violations. *
2. Enforces all traffic and parking regulations on client’s property. Ensures that all fire and bus lanes are kept clear. Directs traffic and controls parking garage and lot access. Assists motorists with automotive problems. *
3. Responds to security calls for service. Investigates incidents and accidents. Gathers information and evidence. Notifies appropriate authorities or superiors and calls for back-up assistance as necessary. *
4. Responds to all fire calls as a member of the team. Checks fire extinguishers and fire prevention activities during patrols. Extinguishes fires or directs fire personnel and equipment to the proper locations. *
5. Searches, arrests, physically restrains suspects of crime or visitors and transports suspicious persons as required. Testifies at legal proceedings, hearings and trials. *
6. Prepares and submits reports and logs of all incidents, investigations, and activities by the end of tour of duty. *
7. Monitors camera surveillance system. Escorts various employees, cashiers, client’s, and visitors to parking lots.
EDUCATION: High School degree is required.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Approximately one to two years of progressively more responsible job related experience.
ON-THE-JOB EXPERIENCE: Approximately three to six months to gain familiarity with the client’s property, department routines and procedures, and the full range of job duties.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Job requires some problem-solving. In most cases, the problems are straightforward.
INTERNAL CONTACTS: Internal contacts necessary to effectively explain and interpret information for others at the clients work site.
INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT: Work generally has standard procedures and instructions but the incumbent must organize work and set priorities.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Assists client by performing duties that provide a safe, healthful, and pleasant environment.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS: Not responsible for supervising others.
CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION/LICENSURE: Commissioned as an Armed/Unarmed Special Police Officer by the District of Columbia / Maryland Security Officer License / Handgun Permit within 3 months of hire.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers