compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) – located on the Fairfax, Va., campus—invites applications for a Workflow Developer/Analyst position within the Enterprise Applications, Enterprise Applications Support & Development team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Are you a developer/analyst interested in improving operations through automations and workflows, meet challenges and improve functionality and user experience? If so, George Mason University wants you to join our team, contribute your expertise to design and implement automated workflows and web based forms to meet evolving requirements. You will improve our internal and student-facing systems in a supportive and fast-paced team.
• Provide technical and functional support for development and implementation of workflows for various units within the university using Ellucian Workflow and serve as a primary functional and technical Ellucian Workflow resource;
• Serve as a subject matter expert on Ellucian Workflow to users and stakeholders in regard to software design, software performance, and reported issues;
• Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of Ellucian Workflow software and other related application systems within the Ellucian offerings and related platforms such as Banner, Salesforce, Informatica, and their integration with other enterprise systems and other relevant assigned tasks.
This work will be done collaborating with stakeholders and team members and functional and technical Administrators to meet the requirements and completing tasks and communicating project information to clients, project manager, or other stakeholders while adhering to university policies and compliance with accessibility related standards (W3C, ADA, Section 508, etc.).
• Significant demonstrated experience as a software developer/analyst with an emphasis on process/workflow automation;
• Hands on experience with PHP and jQuery;
• Exposure to one or more of the following languages/tools/technologies: C#.Net/Razor, PHP, XML, CSS, JQuery, ASP.Net, Oracle, Banner Ethos, SQL Server, MySQL;
• Experience/exposure in creating and consuming REST/SOAP/JSON web services;
• Experience with Business Process Analysis and Mapping/Notation, Process Modeling, Event Triggers;
• Familiarity with PHP and building and consuming web services, especially REST for system integration;
• Experience with source/version control tool (Git, SVN, or Microsoft TFS);
• Excellent project management skills, with experience in leading and implementing high-impact projects with cross-functional teams;
• Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical colleagues;
• Experience with user interface issues pertaining to navigation, usability and functionality;
• Good understanding of issue troubleshooting methods and performance tuning;
• Optimizing and performance tuning skills for high utilization 24×7 access;
• Integration with third party products with existing infrastructure (i.e. Informatica, Ethos);
• Developing and directing software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Experience working with Ellucian Workflow or Process Maker;
• Experience working with Ethos;
• Familiarity with Dynamic Forms;
• Experience within higher education industry;
• Experience in enterprise systems such as Banner, Peoplesoft, Workday.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02489z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers