compensation: $180,000 - $200,000/yr plus solid benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 202,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators.
Information about the role
We are looking for a Director of Engineering who can manage developers and lead Developers – but also can get their hands dirty when necessary. The right candidate will have strong Java skills, and expertise with implementing systems in an AWS environment. In addition, this is someone who has excellent experience working with large volumes of transactional data.
The Director of Engineering assists in developing, releasing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting software applications and systems according to business needs and technology principles and standards. Familiar with a variety of enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. Relies on considerable experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
• Lead, develop, and manage a team of 5-10 engineers.
• Oversee the delivery of multiple engineering initiatives, projects and/or teams.
• Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dedication to engineering team success.
• Assist Senior IT members with company technology strategy and roadmap.
• Establish and promote use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
• Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
• Facilitate and ensure cross-project communication on cross-system feature and technical discussions.
• Support and improve established software development standards and best practices.
• Facilitate Architecture discussions and decision-making with other senior Engineering members.
• As needed, play a hands-on Technical Lead Developer role in software development projects and activities.
• Select and maintain software development tools and frameworks.
• Mentor team members in software design and development best practices.
• Ensure applications achieve a high level of security, quality, and maintainability.
• Actively manage and address software “technical debt”.
• Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
• Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
• Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
• Work with senior management to influence the technology and business direction of the organization.
• Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field.
• At least 8 years of experience in software engineering/development.
• At least 5 years of experience in a Team Lead, Lead Developer and/or Software Architect role.
• Experience with recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining software engineers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
• Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to oversee multiple software projects or initiatives, concurrently.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Proficient at designing and developing enterprise software.
• Proficient at designing and developing software using the JVM platform, Spring, Hibernate and AWS.
• Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
• Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
• Experience building service-oriented applications using REST web services.
• Experience developing highly available, highly scalable software for transaction-oriented systems.
• Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Experience with Java, Groovy and Kotlin.
• Experience with financial services vertical.
• Experience developing double-entry accounting systems using immutable ledgers.
• Deep expertise with relational databases including understanding concurrency, locking and transactional concerns.
• Experience with microservices architecture using Docker, Fargate
This is a full time employee position working in Washington DC (NW). Initially the work will be remote, based on working conditions associated with the Corona Virus. The salary for this position will be $180,000/yr. - $200,000/yr. with great benefits, based on level of experience.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE ON-SITE in Washington DC on a daily basis in the near future.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your salary requirements as soon as possible.
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation, and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC area.
We work differently from most of our competition. In our careers, we have been the ones doing the hiring (managing and mentoring large staffs in a corporate culture), and we have been the ones being hired (consulting in small and large roles alike). This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business. We take the time to ensure our consultants/candidates will be successful where they are placed.
We believe that because of our principles we have succeeded where others have failed. The recruiting/technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests – ask around … we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers