compensation: up to $120/hr (1099) - or negotiable on salary employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client is an ambitious, well-funded travel industry startup with plans to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. They have a proven management team that has done it before, done it before together, and done it before in the travel industry. The company is overflowing with fiercely intelligent people who have tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. They all act like owners and get a huge kick out doing great work and doing it fast. They like it even more when they can come up with a fresh way to solve a problem. Above all, they are devoted to solving customer problems, because that’s at the center of everything they do.
• You are a Node.js enthusiast, eager to build commercial applications with ES6.
• You know the difference between unit and integration tests and why each type is important.
• You’ve built highly scalable products that involve some, or all of the following components: fault-tolerance, high availability, e-commerce and distributed microservices.
• You get easily excited about Continuous Delivery. You know your testing tools and are comfortable with platforms like Docker, CircleCI, and Artifactory.
• You have a keen understanding of Microservices and how they are modeled; you are not intimidated by concepts like Messaging Buses (eg Kafka, NATS), Pub-Sub, and Clustering.
• You know the modern technical stack from the network up and are incredibly grateful that you can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS or Azure or Google.
• You have a deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in product, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
• You sleep soundly knowing that your infrastructure has been designed and implemented to be scalable and robust with the entire engineering team involved in DevOps. You’ve been woken up in the middle of the night when it hasn’t been that way.
• You have 2+ years of relevant experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
• You enjoy creating unconventional solutions to the most challenging requirements.
• You understand that great Engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
ABOUT THE GIG
• Work directly with Engineering Teams to design, implement, and deploy critical software systems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. The critical path to success is to write code that can access multiple APIs in parallel with extremely low latency and store them in a massive data cluster. And do that a few billion times a day.
• Work in cross-functional teams with Product, UX, Quality Engineering, and business experts to participate in feature design and create the next generation of business travel.
ABOUT THE TECH STACK
They are beyond passionate about using cutting-edge technologies. They’ve implemented a microservices cloud (AWS) based tech stack that allows for rapid iteration and scaling. They use React and Material UI on the frontend, mostly Node.js with Typescript on the backend, Go for anything performance heavy, MySQL as the main datastore and NoSQL products for certain domain-specific datastores.
While they have preferences as an organization for certain technologies, microservices-based architecture allows them to experiment with new tech and always pick the right tools for the job if it is called for. Their devops setup allows them to quickly stand up / burn down services, frontends and datastores as business needs change. In short, the theme of the tech stack is flexibility. They can quickly stand up things, change them, and scale them up or down as our requirements change.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
They are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. The team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
• You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
• You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
• Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
• You are all about constructive feedback - you can dish it out and you can take it.
• You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
These are long term contract/contract-to-hire positions. This work is located in North West Washington DC (close to Farragut West metro station), and we are looking for candidates who are willing and able to be in the office on a daily basis once people return to working on-site.
Rates for these positions range from $80-$120/hr. based on level of experience. If you would prefer another compensation model during the term of the contract, we are open to other possibilities (including being a full salaried employee of AAJ Interactive Technologies).
If this sounds like you, please respond with your compensation requirements as soon as possible.
Please no agencies. No telecommuters.
About AAJ Interactive Technologies:
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC.
We work differently from most of our competition. We have been in both a position of hiring, mentoring and managing large staffs inside a corporate culture, as well as consultants for hire. This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business. We take the time to ensure our consultants/candidates placed will be successful.
We believe that because of our principals we have succeeded where others have failed. The greater DC technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests. Ask around, we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers