compensation: Competitive with full benefits! employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Mobile Application Developer (Android)
5+ Years of Hands-on Development Experience
Currently Fully Remote for DC Metro Area Due to COVID-19; will be onsite once social distancing has been lifted.
We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays and paid vacation and sick leave.
We are a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. We love and encourage team collaboration, self-motivation, and are focused on creating value for our clients and employees alike. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are a must. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mobile application development on Android (having iOS experience as well is preferred)
• 3+ years native Android development
• Proficient with Java, Kotlin and the Android SDK
• Experience with multi-threaded programming in Java and Kotlin coroutines
• Familiarity using RESTful APIs
• Experience unit testing code
• Understanding of code versioning tools such as git
• Familiarity with Agile software development principles
• Knowledge of MVP and MVVM patterns
• Experience with front-end mobile design, including support for different mobile form factors
• Experience with testing of mobile applications
• Experience working with API-driven applications, especially those using RESTful JSON-based APIs
• Experience with deployment of mobile apps to Apple Store and Google Play Store
• Demonstrated experience working directly with clients
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to be onsite at Federal client site in downtown Washington DC (once the COVID-19 situation settles, and business is running as usual).
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges. We are looking for someone with hands-on current Android mobile application development experience and someone who can build mobile applications using the Agile development methodology.
• Develop Android version of a new mobile application written in Kotlin (and as needed in Java)
• Support existing Android mobile applications written in Java
• Design and develop new Android applications, working collaboratively with other mobile developers and client technical staff
• Perform as technical developer on mobile development projects with responsibility for the overall delivery and testing of API-driven mobile applications.
• Review, analyze, and modify mobile applications, using a repeatable software development methodology including tasks like coding, testing, debugging, installing and scaling mobile applications.
Undergraduate Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
• US Citizen or those authorized to work in the US; visa sponsorship is not possible at this time.
• Background and credit check are necessary
• We cannot consider any overseas or remote candidates who cannot relocate to Washington, DC, Maryland or Northern Virginia.
We use e-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers