compensation: $130,000 - $160,000/yr plus great benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 202,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators.
At our client, they have re-architected and rebuilt their core enterprise software platform to support their rapidly growing and evolving business. Their new software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, accurate, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking an individual to become a member of their growing Engineering team to help lead software strategy. This person will be an experienced Senior Software Engineer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, agile, full-stack, and DevOps environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software.
Person will be responsible for being a senior hands-on contributor to the full lifecycle of software development. Person will be responsible for developing new features, modifying and refactoring existing design and integrating custom and 3rd party systems. Person should be Full Stack, have a deep knowledge of object-oriented software engineering, the Java platform, enterprise software engineering concepts, patterns, models, practices, and processes.
Assists in the direction of the Engineering function in developing, releasing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting software applications and systems according to business needs and technology principles and standards. Familiar with a variety of enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. Relies on considerable experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to Lead Software Engineer.
This position will be based in Washington DC once offices re-open post pandemic. We are currently only considering local candidates, who will be able to go into the DC office once it re-opens.
• Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dedication to Engineering team success.
• Establish and promote use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
• Support and improve established software development standards and best practices.
• Mentor more junior team members in software design and development best practices.
• Ensure applications achieve a high level of security, quality, and maintainability.
• Actively manage and address software “technical debt”.
• Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
• Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
• Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software project.
• Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field.
• At least 6 years of experience in software engineering/development.
• At least 4 years of experience in a Senior Engineer or Architect role.
• Experience building financially focused systems, with sophisticated UIs, business rules, domain models, and data models.
• Experience with integration of other systems via REST web services.
• Experience developing highly available, highly scalable software for transaction-oriented systems.
• Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
• Proficient at designing and developing enterprise software.
• Proficient at designing and developing software using most of the following: Angular, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Postgres, SQL, XML, AWS.
• Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
• Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
• Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software.
This is a full-time employee position working in Washington DC (NW). Initially the work will be remote, based on working conditions associated with the Corona Virus. The salary for this position will be $130,000/yr. - $160,000/yr. with great benefits, based on level of experience.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE ON-SITE in Washington DC on a daily basis once offices re-open.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your salary requirements as soon as possible.
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation, and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC area.
We work differently from most of our competition. In our careers, we have been the ones doing the hiring (managing and mentoring large staffs in a corporate culture), and we have been the ones being hired (consulting in small and large roles alike). This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business. We take the time to ensure our consultants/candidates will be successful where they are placed.
We believe that because of our principles we have succeeded where others have failed. The recruiting/technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests – ask around … we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers