compensation: Based Upon Experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you a people person who works on computers for a living? We are a Managed Services Provider located in Vienna VA that is looking for an energetic engineer with great customer support skills to provide end user and network support to our clients in DC Metro Area.
You will be required to provide support to end users on a variety of issues. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or hardware issues. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. Provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
• Must be customer support focused and be able to enthusiastically interact with end users. We are looking for an engineer that will take ownership of a problem and work to resolve or find the necessary resources to ensure the issue is resolved.
• Five (5) years of directly related experience supporting help desk Tier 1, Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 operations.
• Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via onsite, electronically or telephone, as appropriate.
• Demonstrated knowledge of deploying computer hardware and software.
• Demonstrated knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Demonstrated experience providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverable.
• Demonstrated knowledge of help desk ticketing systems desired. Knowledge of managed services software desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows 10, 7, Active Directory, Network Basics, VPN Basics, and Mobile Device Basics.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers