furnished apartment laundry on site no smoking off-street parking
QR Code Link to This Post
Available now for $1,500 per month for visiting medical professionals. Otherwise - keep me in mind for the future when everything is normal again! Stay well, stay positive, stay apart!
Book directly with me and save the Airbnb/VRBO fees!
This is a one-bedroom apt. that sleeps 4-5, only one-half block to the Columbia Heights Metro station. Green/Yellow line takes you directly to the National Mall (Smithsonian museums etc.) in 7 minutes.
From Dec. through Feb. the apt. is available for longer term - rent negotiable.
Please see more details, photos and 100 five star reviews on my listing on
VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals by Owner) #141712 or Homeaway.com #282880.
(But after viewing it there, you may book with me directly and save the 9% booking fee if you choose.)
Or my own website; heartofthecityhalfblocktometro dot com
Washington DC is a great tourist destination - I want to help you enjoy it by not being SCAMMED.
Please know that many of the listings on Craigslist for vacation rental apts. are SCAMS. How can you tell?
1. Look for a realistic price. The lowest price for a legitimate rental actually in Washington DC will be $100.00 and up for a 1 bedroom in low season. Expect to pay more during peak season (March 15 - July 30.)
2. EVERY legitimate vacation rental apt. in Washington DC is listed on one of the major vacation rental websites. The primary ones are VRBO dot com and Homeaway dot com. Air bee and bee dot com is also safe - but it can be hard to sort through since a lot of people don't keep up their listings or only rent part time.
Sometimes an owner will also post on Craigslist (like this!) but they will ALWAYS refer you to their full-time listing on a legitimate site. They will give you the actual listing number.They might also refer you to their own website or management company.
3. If it seems to good to be true - it is! Read the ad copy and look at the pictures. A good listing will tell you clearly about the location and the amenities that a tourist would want to know. If it sounds like it was copied from a real-estate listing - it was! (This is sadly, VERY common.)
4. NEVER wire money to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Any legitimate rental owner will take a personal check or credit cards through PayPal or the listing site's own system.
5. It is easy to check people out these days. DO IT! Talk to the owner, look up the address.
Vacation rental apts. are a great way to vacation in DC - they offer more space and often better value than hotels, plus the experience of actually living in a city like a local. So please come and enjoy my wonderful city and don't be scammed.
My own lovely rental apt. "Heart of the City - Half Block to Metro - Shops and Restaurants" is a 1 bedroom and rents for $125.00 per night. See Homeaway dot com - listing number 282880 or VRBO dot com - listing number 141712.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers