compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) – located on the Fairfax, Va., campus—invites applications for a Portal Developer/Analyst position within the Enterprise Applications, Enterprise Applications Support & Development team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Are you a Portal Developer/Analyst who is always looking for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve functionality and user experience? If so, George Mason University invites you to join our team, contribute your expertise to design and build world-class web portal interfaces to meet evolving requirements. You will improve our internal and student-facing systems in a supportive and fast-paced team.
• Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of web-based portal interfaces within Salesforce and/or other related platforms and their integration with other enterprise systems as well as assisting in governance, project management activities and other assigned tasks;
• Create visually appealing and responsive portal sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation based on industry standards and best practices while collaborating with stakeholders and team members and functional and technical stakeholders to meet the requirements and completing tasks and communicating project information to clients, project manager, or other project stakeholders while adherence to university policies and compliance with security, usability and accessibility related standards (W3C, ADA, Section 508, etc.).
• Understanding of the User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design and cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards;
• Hands on experience with one or more of the web development tools, technologies and languages (JQuery, CSS/Flex, Angular.js, Node.js, PHP, Java, C#, HTML5, Oracle, SQL Server, MySql);
• Understanding of responsive/mobile design;
• Exposure to Salesforce platform, communities, lightning, VisualFOrce, Apex, SOQL;
• Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units;
• Hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.);
• Good graphical design skills and instincts and experience with related tools such as Photoshop or illustrator;
• Strong understanding of security principles for web-based systems/portals;
• Good understanding of issue troubleshooting and performance tuning techniques for web interfaces;
• Ability to create and review technical documentation, specifications, and architecture;
• Optimizing and performance tuning skills for high utilization 24×7 access;
• Integration with third party products with existing infrastructure (e.g. Banner ERP, Salesforce, Informatica, Ethos);
• Analyzing requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints;
• Commitment to quality through ability to translate complex functional/technical requirements into technical specifications using best practices to develop high quality interfaces;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding/experience with Salesforce community based portal architecture and best practices;
• Experience with Enterprise systems such as Banner, Peoplesoft, Workday;
• Experience within higher education industry.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02987z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers