compensation: $55/hour to $75/hour for an expected 40 hours of work per week employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting an influential, national broadcast media organization that is headquartered in Washington, DC. We have worked closely with them throughout the last two years and we have a relationship with the organization's Marketing Creative Director that extends back more than a decade.
The Digital Product Designer role is a full-time, on-site, temporary position that will offer typical and consistent work hours (35-45/week) on a week over week basis through at least the end of September 2020. The position reports to the Director of Product Design. Generally speaking, all work will be done at the organization's offices, which are easily accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus. There is the possibility that we will be able to allow a slightly time-shifted daily work (in early-out early, etc.) schedule or one day of remote work each week.
We are not expressly positioning this role as a "temporary to permanent" conversion opportunity, but it may be the case that the assignment could be extended beyond September 2020 or that the person who is engaged in this role could be offered a staff position at some point during the assignment. Ideal applicants will be interested in contributing their knowledge and skills each day while engaged in the role, and not focused on any potential transition to a staff position that might occur in the future.
As a Digital Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the design process, from concept development to inspecting pixels just before launch. You will rely on a full range of design skills from interaction design to product design to prototyping. This role represents design on multidisciplinary project teams, working with researchers, product managers, and developers. Your job is to help inform product vision and foster positive digital experiences for millions of consumers.
The initial focus of this role will be on web-related projects, including enhancements to user-facing features on the organization's flagship website, execution of concepts to increase digital donations, planning and design for the next generation of affiliate websites, and research with content creators to inform a forthcoming replatforming of our CMS.
* Create elegant and useful design systems that define our user digital experience across platforms.
* Distill complex interactions into clear, understandable design solutions and communicate them to stakeholders.
* Help create end-to-end design experiences, interaction models, and design systems.
* Work closely with fellow designers, developers, product managers and audience research analysts to transform data into defensible design solutions.
* Facilitate design thinking and co-creation sessions.
* Collaborate with stakeholders at the national and local programming levels to prototype and test innovative approaches to fundraising on national platforms.
* Recommend and execute user research for new and existing products, and make recommendations for change.
* Help tell the story of our product user experiences through storyboarding, user journeys, and other storytelling methods.
* Collaborate daily with a team who are as passionate about user experience as you are.
* Work in a highly efficient, interactive design process using minimal documentation to support your vision.
* Work closely with developers to help build prototypes and refine working products.
* Portfolio of example work that clearly demonstrates the depth of your interface design experience and aligns closely with your resume and/or bio narrative.
* Experience working with interface design tools like Figma or Sketch. Figma experience highly preferred.
* Working knowledge of modern HTML and CSS standards so that you can help team members identify ways to implement your designs, and so that you can facilitate productive handoffs to developers. You will not be expected to write code.
* Understanding of how to apply modern accessibility standards.
* Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team and stakeholders.
* Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
* Proven track record of designing and helping to ship successful products and services.
* Digital prototyping and coding experience.
* Experience designing e-commerce or digital fundraising products.
* Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories).
* Experience working in an agile project methodology.
* Curiosity for emerging technologies.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are only interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who can work:
(1) 35 - 45 hours/week,
(2) on-site (at the employer's workplace; not from home);
(3) in Washington, DC;
(3) at offices that are highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus;
(4) starting as soon as possible in February or March 2020;
(5) continuing through at least September 2020.
PAY RATE & SALARY:
Based on conversations we have had with our client, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a pay rate range of $55/hour to $75/hour for an expected 40 hours of work per week. Annualized equivalent salaries that correspond to this pay rate range are $110K to $150K.
The actual rate and/or salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on some or all of the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources pays competitively and actively encourages our employer clients to do the same. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay less experienced applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced applicants can expect that we will make a strong, evidentiary case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers