Your Stats Guru! I am here to be your statistical consultant, whether you are going through your Intro to Statistics course in your undergraduate program, to PhD students having difficulties with the data and statistics of your doctoral dissertation (or masters thesis, for that matter). Former statistician, here.
My "stats": PhD candidate in Cognitive Psychology in 1996 and spent the next 15 years doing statistical analysis and data mining in the corporate sector before starting my own statistical consulting business. I have taught statistics at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. I can help with ALL aspects, including:
• Online and/or phone statistical consulting/tutoring.
• Help with statistical assignments and/or quizzes and tests.
• Help with your dissertation, notably Chapters 3 and 4, APA style.
I use SPSS 20 and Excel 2010 for my statistical analyses and graphing, etc. What I do for you, and what the deliverables are, obviously depends on your situation; say, for example, you're a PhD student who has collected data but is stuck on the research questions, hypotheses, data cleaning and actual statistical analyses. Many times I hear from such students that their committee is not helpful. I can help you clean your data (make it ready for analysis) and conduct the proper analyses, then consult on the results with you, so you understand and can answer questions in your proposal or defense. If this is the case, what you would get from me would be:
1. A phone consultation (60+ minutes) prior to the analyses and then a follow-up once completed.
2. Your original and "cleaned" (ready for analysis) data set(s) in both SPSS and Excel.
3. The results of the analyses we agreed to be run, in both SPSS and Excel.
4. The actual SPSS syntax (code) files, such that you could run the data again (say if extra respondents added data to your set). These are also excellent documentation for what was done.
5. A Word document explaining everything - what was done, how it answers your questions, what to report (including chapter writing in APA format). I can and do create APA formatted text, tables and graphs.
6. Continued support throughout your process until a successful defense.
I have broad and deep statistical knowledge on such subjects as:
1. Statistics for making inferences (e.g. t-test, ANOVA or non-parametric equivalents, such as Chi-squared). Knowledge of distributions (e.g. z-score, t-score, F-tests, Chi-squared, etc.).
2. Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) including graphs/plots (e.g. scatterplots, confidence intervals) along with descriptive statistics and tables.
3. Statistics Showing Relationships - e.g. Pearson-R, Phi, R-squared, Nagelkerke R, etc.
4. Predictive Modeling - OLS Regression, Logistic and other regression, SEM/Path Models, Discriminatory Analysis, etc.
5. Other Statistics - such as Cronbach's Alpha (measuring scale reliability), factor analysis (dimension reduction), decision-trees and other data mining techniques.
6. I have a broad knowledge of using non-parametric statistical techniques when the data require such! And/or transformations of data such that they can be analyzed via classical stats.
I work via Paypal, which protects you, the consumer. I bid jobs by what I believe the LOE (Level of Effort) would be. I can guarantee high performance (e.g. "A" performance); I'm very good at this.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers