compensation: $95K+ and excellent benefits including profit sharing employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A highly-respected, highly-impactful, USAID contractor that provides effective global health solutions in their international development field work seeks a Senior Accountant for a full-time position in our home office in Suburban MD. The Senior Accountant will be an integral member of the finance and accounting team in the determination of complex accounting treatments for highly technical matters, including accounting for leases (office and vehicle), asset management, business combinations, debt, and revenue recognition. The Sr. Accountant will support day-to-day accounting activities including recording journal entries and transactions; and reconciling general ledger accounts. This position reports directly to the Controller.
• Lead preparation and maintenance of accounting period general and standard journal entries including system imports, ensuring correct and consistent coding in accordance with GAAP and government accounting standards (CAS)
• Recommend technical accounting treatment of complex ledger entries (leases, assets, consolidations, etc.) to the Controller and VP of Corporate Finance
• Serve as the primary home office point of contact for field office accounting staff. Ensure timely data from field offices, perform quality review of field office GL transactions, and be available for questions and support
• Support month and year-end close with reconciliation assistance on accrual, asset, and cash accounts
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements (monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Help ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e., GAAP, CAS), rules, regulations, and company systems for internal control
• Help to identify and address areas for improvement in our processes
• Research and resolve accounting discrepancies in a timely manner
• Support internal and external audits
• Provide other operations and administrative support as required
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or other relevant field; master’s degree preferred.
• CPA preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 5 years of prior technical accounting work experience
• Experience with cost accounting and financial management in government contracting
• Experience with Quickbooks Online and Unanet preferred (Microsoft O365/Dynamics, Deltek, or similar also helpful)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated self-starter with leadership skills, versatility, critical thinking skills, and integrity
If you are qualified and interested in learning more about this great opportunity to join a company that makes a difference, please submit your resume and salary requirements today. Thank you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers