compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and based on knowledge and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Hargrove SERVPRO Group is a 44-year-old growing multi-franchise Restoration and Construction company serving Central MD and Washington, DC located in Lanham, MD.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to oversee our financial health. The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the Accounting department and is responsible for general accounting practices, budgeting, cost accounting, overseeing Accounts Receivable and Payable functions and developing internal accounting controls. This position maintains a culture of costs savings and sales production. The Controller is an integral member of the senior management team.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Expectations:
● Responsible for the financial strategy of the parent company and multiple related entities.
● Represents the company in all financial relationships with vendor partners, bank and CPA.
● Maintains the financial health and goals of Ownership.
● Directs and coordinates each month end and fiscal year end close process to ensure proper and timely reporting.
● Communicates potential risks in a timely manner providing analysis on a monthly basis.
● Directly supervises all accounting functions and oversees accounting and administrative team.
● Monitors cash and multiple bank accounts for multiple entities on a daily basis.
● Provide timely and accurate reports for the Management Team.
● Review bi-weekly payroll reporting inconsistencies or errors to the appropriate Manager. This position ensures that year-end reporting (such as W-2’s) are issued accurately and timely.
● Responsible for accurate and timely coding, costing and classification of all sales and expenses. This position is the primary liaison responsible for ensuring that vendor partners comply with all legal, tax and insurance requirements.
● Oversee timely collection of receivables and ensure collection procedures are being followed.
● Produce monthly financial statements and follow-up with timely requested detail.
● Recommend changes to systems and procedures to increase profitability, work-flow efficiency and cost effectiveness.
● Monitors multi-jurisdictional licensure requirements.
● Work effectively and collaboratively with others, both internally and externally.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 10+ years’ experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager.
• Well organized with strong analytical and reasoning skills.
• Maintains on-going continuing education and training necessary to improve the Organization and ensure compliance.
• Proficient in Quickbooks Desktop and QBO
• Working knowledge of payroll processes and software.
• Well-developed management and administrative skills.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain the full listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hargrove SERVPRO is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers