We are Cordia Partners & Resources. We were founded by CPA Partners and are operated by CFOs. Cordia Resources is a full-service executive search, professional recruiting and staffing firm, providing Washington, DC Metro area companies with permanent placement and contract employees in all levels of the accounting and finance niche.
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client is seeking an AP Staff Accountant for a contract opportunity (four month maternity leave coverge). Ideal candidates will have 1-5 years’ experience performing accounting duties, with a desire to work within Accounts Payable.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Charges expenses to accounts, projects and organizations by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and preparing checks.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• 1-5 years’ experience performing accounting duties
• Bachelor’s Degree in either Accounting or Finance
• Great Plains experience HIGHLY preferred
• Self- starter with a can do attitude
Qualified candidates please apply here!