QR Code Link to This Post
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong baseline accounting skills to expand those skills and become involved in the corporate accounting of our growing company. The position will be responsible for handling the full cycle accounting of multiple real estate properties and work with the Controller to carry out the accounting function of the Company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Controller performing bank and general ledger reconciliations, assisting with corporate month-end and year-end close activities, preparing payroll tax reports, and other aspects of financial management.
- Manage general ledger, reconciliations, accounts receivable, and accounts payable for managed properties.
- Prepare annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations and property tax reconciliations.
- Set up tenant leases. Ensures that all pertinent information regarding ownership, management fees, and tenants are established, and that the necessary general ledger accounts, financial reporting, and tenant reporting are set up.
- Review and input new tenants/leases and lease summaries to ensure deposits are received, rent amounts established, and key lease terms are accounted for.
- Prepare monthly rent roll, rent increase letters, tenant delinquency letters/statements, utility billings, and accounts receivable reports. Collects and deposits tenant checks and posts payments.
- Prepare year-end financial reporting package for financial review and tax preparation by the external Certified Public Accountant. Reporting includes financial statements, cash reconciliations, owner distribution schedules, non-resident tax schedules, ownership updates, and mortgage loan analysis
- Monitor and update ownership records for sales and transfers. Prepare management agreement addendums for such transfers.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reporting package for each property ownership group. Prepare owner distributions, calculate, and withholds any non-resident tax.
- Tracks and pays any necessary estimated non-resident income tax due for the property
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Two to three years of full cycle accounting experience required. Property management accounting experience a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and various types of accounting software. Experience with Sage 300 and PVault is a plus.
- Proficiency using a 10-key adding machine.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines.
- Independent self-starter and good listener who can discern required steps to achieve goals without specific task direction.
- Thrives in a friendly, fast-paced, team-oriented environment where accountability, work ethic and a "can do" attitude is a necessity.
HBW Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below