Arkin & Company, Chartered (ACC) is looking for staff accountants with 1-5 years of experience working in public accounting. We are looking for talented individuals that are willing to work in all areas of accounting including attestation, taxation, and engagement management.
QR Code Link to This Post
As a staff accountant, your responsibilities will include:
1. Perform tax services in the following areas:
a. Corporations (Subchapter C & S)
c. Non-Profit Organizations
e. Estate & Gifts
2. Perform audit, review and compilations of financial statements
3. Perform bookkeeping/write-up services
Our firm is a leading accounting and consulting firm in the Washington Metropolitan area providing tax attestation, accounting and consulting services to businesses and individuals.
Keys to this position:
1. A strong accounting background is required that will allow you to read a trial balance and general ledger and determine what procedures/adjustments need to be completed to conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
2. DETAILED ORIENTED
3. A degree in accounting.
4. CPA or eligibility to sit for CPA exam (if the candidate is not eligible to sit for the CPA
exam, he or she needs to present a clear path for achieving such goal)
5. We request you maintain a professional attitude and appearance, good customer service skills, clear communication skills both verbal and written, and a well-mannered demeanor. The candidate needs to have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and exercise efficient time management.
Our firm offers competitive compensation and benefits in a fast-growing organization where we value your contributions and respect your need for a work-life balance.
Again, the ideal candidate is someone with a strong accounting base that can identify and solve accounting problems. The opportunities are vast, and you could progress to work on attest, non-attest and income tax engagements thereby obtaining a well-rounded professional accounting experience.