compensation: $45K+ and excellent benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Great opportunity to join this successful, highly respected government contractor headquartered in Silver Spring, MD as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The primary responsibility will be processing accounts receivable, including invoicing and month-end close and reports to the Payroll Manager. As part of a team, the successful candidate will also support other finance and operations activities.
• Successfully lead client invoicing:
o Facilitate the invoicing process to include, but not limited to, invoice creation, review, approvals, and final signatures;
o Deliver client-ready invoice package to Controller to review and approve;
o Run invoices in our automated billing system (Unanet);
o Gather and prepare (redact) all supporting documents including timesheets and expenses;
o Submit final approved invoices to clients on a timely basis;
o Respond to invoice inquiries from our clients in a timely manner;
o Organize and lead invoice set-up in Unanet (i.e., set-up and/or adjust invoice format for contracts/projects, trouble shoot invoicing issues, etc.).
• Assist with month-end close:
o Perform import of accounts receivable from Unanet to QuickBooks;
o Track and apply invoice payments in QuickBooks;
o Reconcile total monthly ARs to ensure invoicing system and accounting system match.
• Monitor and be the main point of contact for the AR email account.
• Assist with accruals and financial report preparation for submission to clients.
• Maintain office electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Provide other operations and administrative support as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or another relevant field.
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with accounts receivable, cost accounting, and financial management in government contracting.
• Experience with Quickbooks Online and Unanet preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated self-starter with leadership skills, versatility, critical thinking skills, and integrity.
If you are qualified and interested in learning more about this great opportunity, send us your resume today! Thanks!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers