Play-Well TEKnologies (http://www.play-well.org) is an educational enrichment company that introduces children in grades K-8 to STEM concepts using LEGO® components.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a new manager for our operations throughout Maryland and D.C. This area is well established for our programs with highest concentration focused in Montgomery County and D.C. Metro area with many longstanding clients and strong partners throughout the community, and additional programs in areas such as Howard, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore counties.
Buckle up - this is hard work! Lugging 40 pound totes in and out of your car, training and mentoring staff to lead excited kids through challenging projects, managing classroom conflicts and responding to parent questions, caretaking all that LEGO® - this will be the toughest job you'll ever love!
The successful candidate lives in the Maryland/D.C. Metro area, or plans to move there soon. This full-time salaried position includes accrued paid vacation, paid holidays, as well as eligibility for our group health plan, Flexible Spending Accounts (health and/or dependent care), and optional retirement plans.
We need someone who can perform in a fast paced environment and has the flexibility to meet challenges head on. The top priority is maintaining our good relationships with current clients which include many public and independent schools, recreation centers, third party camp providers and more, as well as continually assessing competition in the area and providing superior programs. Responsibilities include networking with parent communities, doing grassroots on-the-ground marketing and recruiting, running consistently quality programs, and finding unserved pockets or new ways to better meet the high expectations of the sites and parents who we serve.
The ideal candidate is someone who is detail oriented and can handle client-specific demands (like fingerprinting requests). Additionally, we are looking for someone who has staff management experience and is able to both manage and teach when needed in the area. The Area Manager will need to be well versed in our curriculum and instructional methods in order to lead our programs as well as mentor and evaluate instructional staff, and market our programs. The MD/DC Area Manager also partners extensively with neighboring Virginia Area Manager both on community events in the "DMV" and staffing coverage.
• Work independently from a home office and be self-motivated
• Work a consistent 40-hours per week salaried (which will include some weekend and evening events)
• Must be living in or willing to move to Maryland/D.C. Metro area (no relocation package available)
• Work remotely and communicate effectively with Regional Manager and fellow managers in the region online via video, by phone, as well as in-person as needed
• Strong, professional interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills are a must with parents, client site coordinators, and all Play-Well staff
• Lifting up to 40 lbs to store and stock materials; bending, stooping and crawling with children during class instruction
• Able to establish and maintain healthy relationships through communication with Play-Well management, facility directors, parents, guardians and students.
• Able to quickly and tactfully respond to questions/concerns from parents, classroom instructors and clients.
• Able to instill calm during high energy classroom situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Professional, proficient email and cell phone communication.
• Proficient in using Google docs, Word Processing applications (using Pages or Word), and Spreadsheets (using Excel or Numbers), cloud computing.
• Data entry and database management with extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to learn and comprehend all internal IT systems.
• Has a valid Driver License and current car insurance. Owns reliable vehicle to transport Play-Well teaching kit which includes 6-8 60-quart bins of materials, and willing to drive required distances to organize, promote, teach classes, evaluate staff and/or meet with clients.
• Travel regularly to classes throughout the area including travel statewide, regionally and nationally as needed
• Must pass all background and health tests as a condition of employment
Education / Experience
• Passion for managing people, LEGO®, and inspiring kids
• Educational backgrounds vary. Bachelor's degree preferred
• Successful history working with children in a classroom, summer camp or enrichment capacity
• Work history varies; proficient in classroom instruction, management, training, employee relations, public relations, business and marketing preferred
• Demonstrated experience working successfully from a home office
• Full-time salaried / 40 hours per week ($46,280 annual salary)
• Benefits include: PTO, paid holidays, group health plan, FSA plans, 401(k) plan, personal leave
• Work from home office with monthly office & phone allowance, company laptop provided, mileage reimbursement
Visit our website to learn more and submit our fun online application! https://www.play-well.org/jobs.php
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlayWellTEK/
We play everyday. Come play well with us!
**This organization is not affiliated with the LEGO® GROUP.**