QR Code Link to This Post
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of experience in the network/cabling industry successfully installing, testing, and troubleshooting network switching systems and associated infrastructure components.
· Significant experience directly related to ISP wiring and testing projects, use of ISP testing tools, and familiarity with OSP. Ability to identify interfaces, cabling, line cards, adapters, modules, and other common
· Knowledge of different operating modes on equipment, and ability to locally access to determine and change configuration register parameter
· Ability to copy and paste configuration from/to equipment, familiarity with basic configuration files on devices, and experience with use and interpretation of basic equipment commands.
· Familiarity with terminal emulation software, upgrade or downgrade using network, serial, and memory options, and ability to perform access recovery on equipment.
· Knowledge of basic functionality with LAN switches, routers, modems, and wireless access points, and layer 2 technologies: Ethernet, Fast, Gigabit, 10/25/40/100-Gigabit Ethernet, Serial, Optical and other.
· Knowledge of OSI and TCP/IP network model standards, associated protocols, and data flows; familiarity with common file transfer, encryption, terminal emulation, remote access, and basic testing protocols.
· Experience with identifying and correcting common problems at Layers 1 and 2; knowledge of CSU/DSU, Telco Demarc.
· Ability to inspect and configure Ethernet, wireless and serial ports on workstations and laptops, physically make and establish network and console connections; knowledge of network addressing, vlans, and familiarity with segmentation and subnetting.
Experience with related tools such as Fluke, cable toners/testers, light meters/OTDRs
Must have : Active/valid Net+ (Networking Plus), CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician), or other junior-level network certifications
Strong communication and negotiation skills; planning and coordination experience. Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills. Experience with terminal emulation, Windows commands and configuration, text editors, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, Visio, Project, SharePoint, equipment command line interface (CLI) Ability to work in a 24/7 environment with on-call responsibilities, and the necessity to work extended hours when required to provide operational support. Ability to travel throughout Maryland as required. Depending upon project requirements, travel may be frequent and must be able to work flexible schedule to include evenings, nights, weekends and required. Able to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations. Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting production services.