Cinematic Wedding Videographer Wanted for 2021 & Beyond
compensation: Average take-home is $1,800 per wedding
QR Code Link to This Post
WHO WE ARE
Hey there, we are Shutter and Sound Films, a high-end cinematic wedding videography company with chapters in LA, San Fran, NYC, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Miami, Seattle, Philly, and Washington DC/Baltimore (where our home office is).
WHO YOU ARE
Ideally, you are one of two types of people:
You are someone who has given a similar large wedding video company a chance but feel undervalued, unappreciated, and underpaid by them. You feel disconnected from the footage you are shooting because you don't edit it... you ship it off and never see it again. You have ample experience filming weddings and know how to handle anything a wedding can throw at you. You have a decent amount of gear, but would like financial help upgrading (which we offer).
Someone who has shot a handful of weddings and shows great potential, but has struggled to gain traction with their own company and could use some training to improve your skills. You're looking for a company to book you consistent work at a pay rate that values what you bring to the table. You have minimal gear, and are either willing to buy what is needed for this gig, or would like financial help upgrading (which we offer).
We are currently maxing out bookings for our current 4 lead shooters in Boston and are looking for a 5th to join the team. Unlike similar companies, we don't work with a bunch of random contractors. We choose only a few people per city to give all our gigs to. You can make your own schedule, but we're looking for someone willing to do between 30 and 40 weddings per year. We don't expect you to already be able to shoot EXACTLY like the videos you see on the site, we can train the right person. That said, you should at least already have work that shows significant talent.
If hired you will be treated like a partner of the company in terms of salary (you'd be making 55% of total revenue for each wedding you shoot, which would come to an average take-home of about $1,800). We are looking for applicants who want to take this on full time and who would plan to do this for at minimum two years if hired (preferably longer). This is a serious (but fun!) job for people looking for a career, not for people looking for occasional gigs.
- Film weddings
- Edit wedding highlight videos (deadline for completion is 3-5 days after the wedding)
- Occasionally communicate with clients (generally the bride or groom) before the wedding during the booking process.
Must have experience shooting weddings and be able to show your work from said weddings
Must have experience shooting videos with DSLR cameras
Must be driven and a hard worker
Must have a reliable car
Must be proficient at Adobe Premiere or FCP
Must be personable and communicate well
Must have fast response times to emails/texts/phone calls
MUST BE RELIABLE. You cannot be late or miss a wedding. Ever.
- Average pay is $1,800 per wedding to shoot and edit the highlight video (we edit the multi-cam edits and handle all the bookings and back-end work)
HOW IT WORKS
- If interested, please send your resume, a link to your WEDDING video work, your equipment list, and anything else you'd like us to know
- If we mesh well and decide to move forward, we would bring you on as 2nd shooter with us a few times while simultaneously booking lead shooter weddings for you.
- Owning all your own equipment is not necessary, but it would be nice.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers