Our Rockville location has an immediate opening for an Grounds Person/Arborist Assistant. We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, training, year-round employment, a positive and respectful work environment, and more.
QR Code Link to This Post
* Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment
* Unloads, lays out, prepares and stows materials, tools and equipment at work site.
* Works from the ground using handsaws, poles saws. Drives trucks or operates other equipment as assigned, such as log movers, stump grinders, etc.
* Services trucks and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
* Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
* Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area, staying in frequent communication with workers aloft.
* Participates in weekly safety meeting and daily job briefings.
* Adheres to all industry and company safety standards and policies including the use of PPE at all times. Helps enforce job safety practices.
* Keeps work area clean and orderly.
* Performs related work as assigned.
* Operates and maintains chippers, chainsaws, and all other equipment in a safe manner
* Prior experience with trimming, limbing, chipper and saw operation is preferred.
* A clean valid Driver’s License is required
* Must be able to carry 50lbs at minimum and work outside in all weather conditions