compensation: $40-70 per hour, depending on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The most curious and engaged tutors in DMV work at PrepMatters (http://prepmatters.com). They are also among the busiest: the average PrepMatters tutor has been with the company for almost six years and tutors 500+ hours per year. The average PrepMatters tutor is also articulate, funny and loves working with kids. The above average PrepMatters tutor is practically a rock star. We take learning, but not ourselves, seriously. Our current demand exceeds our capacity, so we are looking to add a few new faces to our team.
PrepMatters is looking for new tutors who can quickly be brought up to speed to help us deal with high demand in all our offices. We tutor for the whole alphabet of tests: SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, SSAT, ISEE, HSPT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT exams. We also work with plenty of kids for academic support, so expertise in science, math, history and/or foreign language will be rewarded with extra hours.
Part-time tutors start at $40-$70 an hour depending on experience. All tutoring takes place in our offices. They come to us; we don’t go to them. Tutors set their own availability, and weekly recurring, hour-long appointments are the norm.
To be eligible for consideration, all candidates must have:
• A bachelor’s degree – complete and not in progress
• Have at least two years of test preparation tutoring experience
• Be able to teach all areas of the SAT and/or ACT (math, reading and writing)
• A true appreciation for working with kids and an ability to quickly bond with them
• The ability to reliably and independently manage client scheduling and email correspondence
• The skills required to score well on a qualifying test consisting of SAT Reading, Math and Writing questions
• Availability to attend the mandatory hiring day on April 11th
Highly qualified candidates will possess:
• Degree(s) from selective universities. We won’t be impressed but our clients might, and that’s a plus.
• Professional experience tutoring the SAT and/or ACT. Helping your younger cousin that one time was nice,
but that’s not what we’re talking about.
• Expertise (up to AP level) in academic subjects of need: science, math, history and/or foreign language.
• Flexibility to meet students across multiple PrepMatters offices
• Knowledge of local public schools and independent schools
If Selected for an Interview
You will be invited to attend the PrepMatters Hiring Day. The Hiring Day will take place on Saturday April 11th from 11am to 2pm in the PrepMatters Tenleytown office. During that time, applicants will interview with current staff, take some tests and have an opportunity to demonstrate their teaching styles. They’ll also get a free lunch and meet some cool people. Successful applicants will be contacted during the following week with an offer of employment. Weekly paid training will commence and continue through the spring, and new tutors should expect to be ready to take on students in mid-July.
If you are able to participate in our Hiring Day, please fill out an application at www.prepmatters.com/tutor-application. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications, we regrettably cannot respond to every resume. PrepMatters is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, PrepMatters does not discriminate on race, religion, sex, national origin, and age.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers