The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) is a medical professional society of over 6,000 members with 50+ staff and a $10M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
The Manager will ensure successful creation, implementation, marketing, budgeting, and operation of ASAM educational courses including the ASAM Review Course and Board Exam Study Tool (BEST) and other products. The Manager will work closely with course planning committees, faculty, and other members of the ASAM staff team. The Manager will also be responsible for data tracking and evaluations and following Continuing Medical Education (CME) guidelines. Candidate must quickly develop a broad understanding of the ASAM education programs and be able to set priorities in work assignments.
• Serve as staff lead to manage the ASAM Review Course and Board Exam Study Tool (BEST) which includes working with program planning committees and developing content.
• Manage faculty recruitment and training, course delivery formats, budgets, planning meetings, and course records for the ASAM Review Course and Board Exam Study Tool (BEST) educational activities.
• Create and update e-Learning products for the ASAM Review Course, Board Exam Study Tool (BEST) and other education department initiatives using course development software.
• Oversee communication with committees and committee-related activities to ensure successful delivery of ASAM Review Course and Board Exam Study Tool (BEST)
• Work with the CLO, Director, Professional Development and marketing team to work with development of all marketing materials to support the ASAM Review Course and Board Exam Study Tool (BEST)
• Serve as the staff lead for organization of the NADCP Regional Treatment Provider trainings.
• Manage and assist with other programs and projects as necessary as determined by staff leadership and as needs arise or change.
• Assists with supporting the ASAM Fundamentals of Addiction Medicine Programs, ASAM Motivational Interviewing Workshops and NADCP grant programs.
• Assist with management of current grant and/or collaboration deliverables.
• Prepare documentation and submit required CME activity report for all courses that offer continuing medical education certificates.
• Handle special projects as assigned such as summarizing evaluations, follow-up with faculty, prepare tracking reports for the project grant, etc.
• Assists with the accurate management of records (hard copy and electronic files) for all education activities.
• Collaborate and work with other education team members as needed
• Provide customer services to program participants, members, and other as needed.
• Adherence to ACCME and CME guidelines
• Enters all education project milestones and tasks within the project management software tool for project tracking with direct oversight and/or supporting.
• Work with CLO and Director, Professional Development to identify and secure additional funding from potential sponsors and/or supporters for respective education courses
• Small amount of travel (1 - 3 trips a year) if needed to education courses to provide on-site assistance and management required for successful operation of courses.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Association experience, particularly in a medical society preferred
• Experience in budget management a plus
• Experience with learning management systems or online databases a plus
• Two to four years of experience in continuing medical education (CME) and curriculum design a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing skills with expertise in proof reading and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, managing projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
• Proven record of successful project and budget management
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Proficient with LMS systems, articulate and other education online software
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Resourcefulness, initiative and creativity valued
• Team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy and ability to have fun with team members
Works closely with:
• Members of professional development staff team
• ASAM Members, Collaborative Partners, Grant Partners, and other Stakeholders
Benefits of Working at ASAM:
• ASAM’s work with physicians and clinicians helps millions of patients, families, and communities impacted by addiction
• ASAM’s work helps address the vast national crisis of opioids and addiction
• ASAM enjoys a strong organizational culture, living by values determined by staff of open collaboration, trust, courage, and connectedness
• ASAM is proud to have earned the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility
• ASAM offers competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits that include paid vacation and sick leave, transportation reimbursement, medical insurance, and 401k.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com explaining your interest in the position and how your skills match the position.
Recruiting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers