compensation: Commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
GTM Architects is a full service, award-winning residential and commercial architecture firm offering services in planning, architecture and design. Established in 1989, GTM has grown and diversified while maintaining its collaborative culture and commitment to excellence in both service and design. With offices in Bethesda, MD & Washington, DC, GTM serves clients in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and more than twenty states nationwide.
GTM is seeking an Architectural Designer to add to its increasingly busy Commercial Interiors Studio. As an Architectural Designer, your role in projects will range from schematic design through contract administration. Working with teams of 1-2 designers, your day may include coordinating and/or meeting with clients & consultants, producing architectural design layouts, and selecting or approving material finishes. Ideal candidates will be able to flourish in our collaborative environment. Visit http://gtmarchitects.com/projects/#commercial-interiors to view select project work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture. Master’s degree (or 5-year professional degree) and professional licensure preferred
• 3-7 years’ of professional experience, including experience with Test Fits and Construction Documents for tenants; Field surveying; SF calcs; furniture layout and selection of finishes for major building projects with knowledge of local building codes
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer design programs such as AutoCAD required, SketchUp, Photoshop or Revit are a plus.
• Strong creative design, graphic presentation skills with clients, and capacity for conceptual design thinking required
• Primarily working on commercial interiors projects involving diverse clientele. Responsible for interpreting, organizing and executing conceptual design using creativity, foresight, and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives through project completion
• Must be capable of working with team of designers and consultants in producing quality design drawings/specs & working with aggressive budgets/schedules for a variety of concurrent project types
• Projects require an organized, multitasking professional with passion for both architecture & design
• Excellent employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care
• Mentoring Programs + Individual growth opportunities available
• Catered AIA Lunch + Learn Seminars hosted weekly
• Assistance with Professional Licensing, Certification, Memberships, and Tuition
• Flexible Scheduling, Casual attire, Bonus Time Off Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Overtime at all levels
• 401K, Disability Coverage, Stock Ownership, Pre-tax Parking & Transit, Flex Spending
GTM Architects is an equal opportunity employer. GTM’s work can be found in over 20 states nationwide in the areas of Commercial Interiors, Retail, Residential, Multifamily, Mixed-use, Restaurant and Recreation. Qualified candidates may submit their resume and portfolio (or samples) through this listing. Learn more at http://gtmarchitects.com/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers