Staff - Registered Architect/Senior Designer
Opportunity as of September 2020
The built environment reflects our time and culture as well as shapes it. It is our essential humanity that moves us to do good, creating places that facilitate activity and bring joy to the human spirit. We are creating places that enhance the human experience.
At Case, we’ve spent more than 50 years working to turn the dreams of our clients into reality. It is our culture of collaboration that helps make the incredible happen every day. We are proud to have won over 100 design, remodeling, and business awards including our recognition as a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post. As one of the nation’s largest full service residential remodeling firms we are proud of the quality we bring to every encounter. But what truly makes us different is our family of project managers, designers, craftspeople, and dreamers. At Case, we love working together and hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and care for our client’s and for their homes.
We are seeking a licensed Staff Architect to join our design team. This team designs / develops the plans for projects that have been specified through our project development phase.
• Lead multiple large residential remodeling projects through all stages of project completion, including coordinating the assistance of other designers
• Investigate, understand, and work around constraining factors such as local codes and regulations, budget, structural/engineering requirements, and environmental impact
• Work with clients, vendors, and fellow team members to effectively select, price, and to order materials and finishes for projects
• Oversee the efficient procurement of building permits, including Zoning variances and Special Exceptions, provide oversight to other designers in acquiring permits for their projects
• Act as a resource for other designers and Case team members - help mentor, train and supervise the work of newer/less-experienced designers
• Typically a minimum of 6 years’ experience, preferably in Residential Design
• Professional Degree in Architecture
• Architectural Registration required, preferably in more than one jurisdiction (VA, MD, DC)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• A keen interest in the design / built environment and the dedication to see projects to their conclusion
• Strong technical knowledge, including CAD and other design software, required
• Experience carrying a project from Design through Construction Document phase
• Experience in Residential design, and Design Build Process
• Demonstrated ability to create relationships with clients
• Organizational, time management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Strong team and customer service orientation
APPLICATION - Send resume to Joe Divel
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers