QR Code Link to This Post
An HBW Construction Project Engineer manages onsite construction resources and serves as a liaison between the field and the Project Manager to ensure effective and efficient project operations. The Project Engineer ensures the project proceeds according to plans and assists with project controls including budgeting, scheduling and planning.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
An HBW Project Engineer assists the Project Manager and Estimator during the bidding phase by creating the bid schedule, attending site visits and participating in subcontractor coverage and bid reviews. The Project Engineer tracks and follows up on submitted bids.
HBW Group Project Engineers ensures the technical aspects of projects are completed effectively and efficiently. The Project Engineer:
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients/owners, vendors and subcontractors.
- Assists with preparation and execution of job contract.
- Negotiates with and selects subcontractors to perform the work. Drafts subcontracts.
- Assists with job budget preparation, developing project schedule, and coordinating material ordering as necessary.
- Manages the submittal process by requesting, reviewing, tracking and redistributing submittals.
- Reads and interprets construction plans and specifications.
- Ensures field personnel understand plans and specifications and work is performed according to the plans.
- Attends weekly progress meetings with the Project Manager.
- Assists the Superintendent and Project Manager with maintaining the RFI log.
- Updates the project schedule weekly, closely tracking progress to ensure an on-time completion.
- Delivers project on time, within budget and "100% at move-in" which is having no punch list at completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management.
- Knowledge of construction industry standards, building codes, equipment, methods and contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite .
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), math and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently, meeting deadlines.
- LEED and OSHA experience preferred.
- Must have a vehicle to use for work.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to spend approximately 40% of the workday driving to and from work sites and walking work sites.
HBW Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below