QR Code Link to This Post
An HBW Construction superintendent leads on-site construction operations and is responsible for HBW Construction's commitment to delivering superior construction projects to our clients. The superintendent will push the schedule, coordinate the trades, maintain a safe working environment and ensure construction is done with superior quality.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
An HBW Construction superintendent personally represents HBW Construction each day through their appearance, professionalism, and actions. As a result, they impact the business image HBW presents to its customers. To be successful, the superintendent shall:
- Take ownership of the project by being accountable for the quality of product produced, delivering the project on time and meeting the client's expectations.
- Maintain a professional business appearance at all times by following the dress code for HBW field staff, which consists of HBW Shirt, khaki pants, work boots, and any personal protective equipment (PPE) required while also maintaining good personal hygiene.
- Create and maintain a team environment with all stakeholders on the project including, but not limited to owners, clients, suppliers, building management, building engineers, tenants, and Property Managers.
- Communicate effectively with both written and verbal correspondence. Must be able to communicate to all levels of stakeholders.
- Maintain a "can do" solutions based attitude at all times in high pressure environments.
- Understand the importance of relationships at all levels and foster those relationships on a daily basis.
- Understand and enforce the building's rules and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and organized worksite and onsite office at all times.
- Additional expectations included in the Expectations and Effective Work Practices for Superintendents document (attached).
A superintendent's number one responsibility is to ensure that all workers who report to the site leave the same way they reported to the site. To facilitate this responsibility the HBW Construction superintendent will:
- Understand, promote and enforce the HBW Construction Corporate Safety Program.
- Understand, promote and enforce the safety requirements of all authorities having jurisdiction (ex. OSHA, MOSH, VOSH, EM 385-1-1).
- Maintain current First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Obtain and maintain OSHA 10 certification.
A superintendent is charged with bringing together multiple stakeholders, designers, subcontractors and suppliers to successfully deliver the project on-time. The superintendent will:
- Review and assess layouts prior to a job beginning; communicate any conflicts or discrepancies discovered to the Project Management and Design Team.
- Schedule day-to-day efforts among various trade subcontractors by understanding how each trade's scope of work fits into the sequence of activities. Work with HBW Project Managers, third party inspectors, owner's representatives, and building engineers to ensure work is completed on time and on schedule.
- Work with the trades to plan the project out and use milestones to evaluate the progress of the project. Identify areas where schedule efficiencies can be gained and adjust to conflicts.
- Create and maintain a Two Week Look Ahead schedule for Project Manager.
- Coordinate the work of all trades and subcontractors. From this, areas of conflict and areas where trades can work together will be identified to ensure that all details are included in the work.
- Schedule and obtain all required inspections and ensure necessary permits are in place for the work.
- Track all materials and equipment from submission of submittals to site delivery.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on schedule, and 100% ready for client move-in.
An HBW Construction superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the project is built in accordance with the contract documents and to the highest level of quality possible. To facilitate this the superintendent will:
- Review and understand all contract documents such as the Plans, Specifications, Architect's Supplemental Instructions (ASI), Bulletins, Architect's Supplement Sketches (ASK), Addendums, etc.
- Ensure that all craftsmanship is at the highest level possible and identify items that need to be reworked. The superintendent will track all quality deficiencies items until they are properly complete.
- Create a punch list for the project and have it complete prior to the Architect/Owner punch list walkthrough.
- Ensure that HBW Construction Standards are incorporated in every project (attached)
- Identify and generate requests for information (RFIs) for areas needing additional information. The superintendent shall track the RFIs from submission to response and publish the response to the subcontractor team when obtained.
- Accurately document the project through Daily Field Reports, RFIs, and posting of changes to as-builts documents.
- Turn-over the project with 100% completion and sign-off of the punchlist prior to client move-in. Turn-over as-builts and operations and maintenance manuals to the Project Manager.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and innovative problem-solving skills as necessary.
- 5 years of experience as a Superintendent in commercial construction.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction industry standards, building codes, equipment and methods.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Valid driver's license and personal mode of transportation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able climb ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk a project 3 to 4 times a day.
- Must be able to stand for 6 hours a day.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
HBW Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below